(Used) WD 8TB My Book USB 3.0 External Desktop Hard Drive
• 8TB desktop hard drive gives you a high storage capacity for all your documents, pictures and videos
• USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed) connections can transfer up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0, while the drive spins at 7,200RPM
• Perfect for storing all your valuable documents and pictures as a backup
• Password protection with hardware encryption gives you peace of mind about security
• Manufacturer part number: WDBFJK0080HBK-EESNWhat can I store on this hard drive?
This hard drive has 8TB (8,000GB) of storage, so you have plenty of space for your files. You can store up to 62 hours of 4K video at 30fps, 264 hours of 1080p video at 30fps, 2,000 two-hour DVD films, 2.56 million digital photos or 132,800 hours of digital music.
What makes this hard drive different?
This hard drive includes password protection with hardware encryption. By setting a password, you can be safe in the knowledge that your data is safe. You can also set your hard drive to unlock automatically when you plug it in to your own computer. WD Backup software provides file-system backup, so you can select the specific files and folders you want copied to your My Book. With Acronis True Image software, you'll have system-level backup to create a clone of your entire computer, saving not only your files, but your operating system and installed programs as well.
What difference does USB 3.0 make?
USB 3.0, when plugged into a USB 3.0 socket, can transfer data up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0. However, this doesn't mean you can't use it with USB 2.0. This hard drive is backwards compatible, meaning you can use it with USB 2.0 without needing to update the computer. This means you will spend less time waiting to ensure your documents, pictures and videos are safely stored on your external hard drive.
||139mm x 49mm x 171mm
||Windows, Mac - with formatting
|Drive form factor
|Data transfer speed
||Manufacturer Not Specified
|Data spin speed
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.