Velleman ATMega 3D Printer Mainboard
• Open source, ATMega-based board for 3D printers, soft material CNC routers, engravers and more
• Build a custom 3D printer, engraver or router to your own specifications
• Mainboard is universal, high quality and easy to use
• Outputs for a range of stepper motors, heaters, heater bed, fans and power
• Inputs for end stops, sensors, power supply connectors and resets
• Interfaces for LCD displays, rotary encoder, SD card holder, custom external circuitry and in-circuit programming
• Built-in status LEDs, on-board reset button, male board-to-wire connectors and space for optional IDC male header connectors are also included
• Compatible with the Velleman VM8400DB (order code A80UX) and DRV8825 stepper driver boards
• Velleman part number: VM8400MBWhat would I use this mainboard for?
Whether you want to build your own 3D printer, router or engraver, you will need a central controller to power, operate and control your device. This mainboard by Velleman is a universal, easy to use and high quality controller that contains a collection of inputs, outputs and interfaces. This will allow you to construct your own custom device of your own design.
Is this mainboard easy to use?
This mainboard is compact in design, completely assembled, and also contains screw holes so that it can be mounted into your device as part of your design and build. Connections onto the mainboard are done through push-on connectors to allow setup to be quick and simple. Each terminal is labelled to allow you to connect the right part to the right port first time. The design of the connectors will ensure that the polarity is also correct first time to prevent damage.
Will I have control?
The USB interface on the mainboard will allow you to fully control your device through a USB port. The Velleman VM8201 standalone controller (order code A77UX) can also be used in certain designs to allow control without a PC. Stepper driver boards can also be used to micro-control your motors for even more precision.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.