Velleman RGB LED Add-On Kit
• Illuminate your 3D printer – compatible with the K8400 Vertex 3D printer
• Attach the LED strips with the adhesive metal clips included
• Choose from a range of colours including red, green, blue, magenta, cyan, yellow and white
• Controllable via G-code
• This kit contains four rigid LED strips (nine LEDs, 25 cm), four cables with connectors, a PCB and all necessary parts
• Powered directly from the printer mainboard
• Power consumption: 470 mA
• Kit requires soldering and a firmware update
• Velleman part number: K8403Why would I use this add-on kit?
This RGB LED kit will allow you to illuminate your 3D printer with a range of colours. You can control the output of the LED kit using the printer controller. To control the LEDs go to the menu, select ‘control printer’ and then ‘set LED colour’. You can alternatively control the output using the G-code programming language. Make your 3D printer extra special and a talking point by customising it to your taste. You can select the desired colour from the Vertex menu or with G-code commands. This allows you to change the colour when an event happens (for example when printing has ended). The kit contains everything that you’ll need to get set up. It only uses 470mA of power and is powered from the printer directly to save on mains outputs.
How do I power this RGB LED kit?
The RGB LED add-on kit is powered directly from the printer mainboard. The kit uses pins 12V, PG1, PG0, PB6 and GND of CN2 to be powered, and can be controlled directly from the printer. This gives you full control of the lights and their output. The on-board controller can even turn the lights on or off when they are not required, allowing you to save electricity and to focus on your 3D printing.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.