Velleman Stand-Alone Controller
• Compatible with the Velleman K8200 3D printer
• Fully operate your 3D printer with this module – no computer is needed, though slicing of 3D objects and the saving to an SD-card still needs to be done on a computer
• SD card slot built-in to import designs
• Prints .GCODE files that are saved on a regular SD-card (not included)
• This is a fully assembled and tested unit, but the connection cable requires soldering
• Real time temperature display and control of the extruder and heated bed temperature
• Connected to the K8200 controller board with the included flat cable, no extra power supply needed
• Enclosure .STL 3D printer file available from the downloads tab
• 4 x 20 character LCD display with backlight
• Dimensions: 80mm x 50mm x 45mm
• Velleman part number: VM8201
• Please note this controller requires you to update your printer to the latest firmware (version 2 or later)What would I use this controller for?
This controller connects directly to your printer’s mainboard and will allow you to control it without needing to connect to a PC. The controller has a built-in SD card reader that will allow you to access, load and begin printing 3D items. The controller is fully assembled, however, you are required to solder an 18-pin connector onto the printer mainboard as part of the setup. Also, the setup of this controller requires you to print out a cover, in any colour, to protect and be able to fit this controller to your printer. Once installed, your printer can be used at home, at work or on the go without being connected to your computer. Simply load a print file onto a regular SD card and inset it into this controller and begin printing.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.