WD My Passport Ultra 3TB Portable Hard Drive - Berry
• 3TB storage provides you with a vast amount of space for your backups, images and videos
• USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed) connections can transfer up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0, when used with a USB3.0 port
• Just 20.96mm thick and weighs 230g making it an extremely portable hard drive
• Free and included WD backup application lets you schedule automatic backups locally to the drive or to your Dropbox account (Windows only)
• Supplied with a free WD security application for setting up an optional password that is 256-bit AES hardware encryptedWhat could I use this hard drive for?
If you are looking for a hard drive to do continuous backups or for backing up large amount of files than look no further, this WD My Passport Ultra (Manufacturer Code: WDBBKD0030BBY-EESN) is the perfect choice. 3TB of storage gives you enough space for approximately 600,000 10MP digital pictures or more than 300 hours of high definition video. The US B3.0 connection helps transfers of large data as it is 10 times faster than USB 2.0, making it quicker to transfer immense amounts of folders, videos or pictures.
An extra layer of protection can be added to the hard drive through the use of the supplied WD security application. When setup with a password the 256-but hardware encryption is activated, so you can protect your precious memories and confidential documents.
Is there backup software to use with this?
The WD My Passport Ultra includes WD backup software which will let you schedule automatic backups. The backups can either be scheduled to be stored onto this external hard drive or to a cloud service account (such as Dropbox). This feature only works on Windows and currently does not work on Macs.
Is this compatible with Mac as well?
The hard drive is pre-formatted as an NTFS drive, which makes it compatible with Windows computers straight out of the box. In order to get this hard drive to work on Mac OS X computers, the hard drive will need to be reformatted.
||110 mm x 20.96 mm x 81.6 mm
||WD Backup (with support for Dropbox and Baidu Cloud)
||Windows (can be reformatted to work with Mac OS X)
|Drive form factor
|Data transfer speed
||Manufacturer Not Specified
|Drive Spin Speed
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.