• Enjoy watching your digital content in full 1080p HD on the biggest screen in your home
• Play your stored media files on your TV using a wired or wireless Wi-Fi connection
• Stream hit films, trending TV shows, viral video clips, sports and music
• Play media from a USB drive or any network connected PC, Mac or network drive in your home
• Effortlessly control your media with the included remote control
• Use your smart phone or tablet as a remote control with the free WD TV app
• Login and play content from Spotify, YouTube, Vudu, Pandora, Facebook and more
• Play a wide variety of video formats: AVI (Xvid, AVC, MPEG1/2/4), MPG/MPEG, VOB, MKV, TS/TP/M2T, MP4/MOV M2TS, WMV9 and FLV
• Share your photos with friends and family on the TV screen in any of the main picture formats
• Get the party started or chill out with your favourite tunes whatever the song file format: MP3, WAV/PCM/LPCM, WMA/WMA Pro, AAC, FLAC, MKA, AIF/AIFF, OGG, Dolby® Digital Plus™ and DTS
• Mirror the content from your mobile phone or tablet screen on your TV with Miracast software
• Connect to a Slingbox® to stream live TV to any room in your house or play your recorded videos around the globe
• Please note, a HDMI cable is not included
• Manufacturer part number: WDBPUF0000NBK EESNWhat is the WD TV media player?
WD TV media brings all your favourite shows and media content directly to your TV in the comfort your living room. It is a high performance media player that can stream video directly from an online video service, a USB storage drive or even from a smartphone or tablet using the Miracast function.
WD TV is easy to use and easy to set up, making it the ideal media solution for even the non-technical user. Now you can enjoy your TV shows and films in 1080p HD quality, including videos stored on any PC connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
To connect WD TV to your network you can use either a wired or wireless connection. It only takes a short while to connect your WD TV to your existing Wi-Fi network using the included remote control. Alternatively, connect an Ethernet cable to the network port.What features does the WD TV offer me?
The WD TV media player enables you to show films, sporting events, TV shows, music and photographs to friends by using your TV screen. You can login and stream from many the world’s leading online services such as Facebook, YouTube, Hulu, TuneIn, Pandora, Spotify and more.
WD TV is compatible with multiple file formats, making it great for playing your existing media. This can either be transferred via a portable file storage unit like a USB stick or accessed directly from any PC on your wireless network. Details of how to access files on a PC can be found on page 34 onwards in the user manual, a copy of which is also available under the Downloads tab on this page.What can the WD TV connect to?
WD TV connects to your TV screen using an HDMI cable available here
or by using the composite A/V cables included. Please note, a HDMI cable is not supplied.
WD TV is compatible with SlingBox using the SlingPlayer app, allowing you to easily watch your favourite live and recorded shows on any TV it is connected to. This means you can enjoy your favourite content whether you are in a different room or even if your SlingBox is at home but you are in a different country. WD TV also plays content stored on other popular network storage devices including My Passport and My Cloud.
If you have a Miracast-enabled smartphone, it can pair to the WD TV and share anything displayed on your small screen to the big screen. You can also use a smartphone or tablet as a remote control by downloading the WD TV remote from the Apple iTunes store
or Google play.