• Two high capacity 5400mAh batteries gives you up to 25 minutes of flying time each, giving you a longer flying experience
• Without a permit the legal range for a drone to fly is 500m horizontally and 122m vertically in the line of sight from the operator. See The CAA (UK)
or The IAA (ROI)
for more information
• Camera records in full 1080p high definition for clear videos and excellent photography shots
• MicroSD card slot allows for recording of footage and storage of your aerial photography
• Three-axis gimbal provides improved accuracy when rotating the camera while stabilising during flight
• Multiple flight modes make it suitable for the beginner and expert alike
• Remote control shows telemetry onscreen, allowing you to keep track on how high your drone isSpecial Features
• Handheld steady grip allows you to remove the camera from the drone to use in other activities
• ST10 ground station shows streaming video to the built-in screen without the need for a smartphone or tabletWhat advantages does the ST10 ground station have?
The ST10 personal ground station is a 10-channel 2.4GHz RC transmitter. It supports a 5.8GHz video downlink that delivers streaming video to the transmitter’s built-in screen Add this to the real time telemetry data relayed straight to the screen and you have a control station that has everything you could need in one.What quality will I get out of the camera?
This 12 megapixel camera will give you full high definition video of 1080p at 60 frames per second (fps). As you can control the tilt of the camera through the ground station, this gives you plenty of scope for making great video aerial shots of the countryside or even the seaside. Using an 8GB microSD card you can take up to 1900 pictures and record roughly 40 minutes of high definition footage. What different flight modes are there?
The Q500 Typhoon has the following flight modes smart mode, angle mode and home mode. These are designed to work with every pilot’s skill level. The smart mode is for beginner pilots and will use the built-in GPS to establish an eight metre safe zone around the pilot, as well as using a "follow me" function. This function makes the drone move when you do, always keeping you safe and the drone in sight. The angle mode is all about aerial videography. It allows for steeper bank and pitch angles as well as turning off the safe zone so you can pan the camera faster, allowing for high energy action shots. The home mode is a safety feature that will make the drone return to its starting location and land within three metres of where it took off. This mode is great for first time flyers who aren’t quite ready for landing the quadcopter themselves. All this is activated by the switch on the top left of the ground station.What is the handheld steady grip used for?
The handheld steady grip is for detaching the removable camera from the drone so you can use it for other activities. As the drone comes with a three-axis gimbal, this can be used for activities such as snowboarding where there is a lot of movement. It will connect to your smartphone or tablet so you can see where you’re filming, allowing you to never miss the action.Safe flying is your responsibility
We fully encourage safe and responsible flying. We recommend you read the CAA’s/IAA’s website for full information on safe and responsible flying. The CAA (UK)The IAA (ROI)Please see the Downloads tab for information regarding responsible flying and aviation law.