With the Tinker-Board S, ASUS introduces the successor of the legendary Tinker Board.
The new and improved Tinker Board S is a single board computer (SBC) that offers greater durability, better stability and an overall improved user experience for DIY enthusiasts and makers everywhere.
With its powerful and modern quad-core ARM-based processor — the Rockchip RK3288 — Tinker Board S offers significantly improved performance versus other popular SBC boards. To provide the flexibility needed for different builds and projects, Tinker Board S features 2GB of LPDDR3 dual-channel memory and is equipped with an onboard 16GB eMMC and SD 3.0 interface that offers significantly faster read and write speeds for the OS, applications and file storage.
Featuring a powerful but energy-efficient design, Tinker Board S supports next-generation graphics and GPU computing API's. Powered by an ARM-based Mali™-T760 MP4 GPU, Tinker Board S' GPU and fixed-function processors allow for a wide range of uses, including high-quality media playback, gaming, computer vision, gesture recognition, image stabilization and processing, as well as computational photography and more.
Tinker Board S has HDMI CEC hardware circuit implemented, with the supported software, it allows multimedia enthusiasts to control TV outputs using a single remote control for a better entertainment experience. Other fixed functions include H.264 and H.265 playback support, as well as HD and UHD video playback.
Tinker Board S also features Gbit LAN for Internet and network connectivity. A dedicated bus resource designed for the LAN port ensures consistent Ethernet performance. The integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth controller on the Tinker Board S is shielded with a metal cover to ensure minimal interference and improved radio performance. An integrated IPEX antenna header allows for easy antenna replacement or upgrades.
- Onboard 16GB eMMC storage to enhance performance and stability, plus a microSD slot for greater flexibility
- Low-voltage input detection to avoid power issue and ensure system stability if using a non-qualified* power supply
Better User Experience
- HDMI-CEC-ready for complete video entertainment, allowing users to command both Tinker Board S and a TV with a single remote control
- Audio jack plug-in detection and auto-switch to 3.5mm audio jack from other interfaces
Always Moving Forward with Makers
- Onboard power-on pin for makers giving more freedom when bringing their ideas to life
- Enhanced I2S pin with Slave mode and an improved software API for better compatibility
- Chipset: ARM Cortex-A17 32-bit Quad
- CPU Clock: 180MHz
- RAM: 2048mb
- Memory: 16 (max. 64) GB
- LAN: 10/100/1000
- HDMI: Yes
- SATA: No
- USB: 4
- Interfaces: LVDS, S/PDIF
- Audio: Yes
- Microphone Port: No
- I/O: 40
- SPI: Yes
- I2C: Yes
- UART: Yes
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- SD-Slot: No
- microSD-Slot: Yes
- CSI: Yes
- DSI: Yes
- Operating Voltage: 5 V
- Low-voltage connection: Micro USB Type B
- Low-voltage input: 5 V DC
Note: All Raspberry Pi B +, 2 & 3 cases can also be used with the Asus Tinker S!