Reviews give you a chance to share your thoughts on our products. Your review will help other customers to make informed choices, and helps us to understand what people want from our tech.
How to write a product review
If you want to write a review of a product, find the item you’ve bought on our website and click on the Submit a review button.
You’ll be asked to rate the product on a scale of 1 to 5 based on the performance of the item. Then you’ll see a text box where you can write your product review.
What to write about in your product review
Your product review is your own opinion, so you can write whatever you think is worth noting about the product. If you’re unsure, here are a few tips on what you could mention in your review to make it as helpful as possible.
- The quality of the product – is it well made?
- Does it work well? Does it do what it’s meant to do?
- Durability – will it last?
- Technical details such as speed, battery power etc.
- Compare it to similar products you’ve had in the past
- Appearance – does it look good?
What not to write about in your product review
As you’ll be reviewing a specific product, try not to write about our customer service or other details that aren’t relevant to the specific item. If you want to review your experience with Maplin, you can find out how below.
We ask our customers to avoid using swear words or other offensive language in your product review. Also avoid mentioning personal details, competitor details, pricing and promotional information. All reviews are moderated before they’re published on the site, so any review containing inappropriate information won’t be published.
Your product review should stick solely to the subject of the product’s performance.
We’d love to see your photos and videos
Photos and videos make your reviews even better. So, whether you want to share a picture of your new gadget in action or make a video talking through the key benefits of a product, we’d love to add it to our site.
Photo and video submissions are moderated in the same way written reviews are. As you’ll be submitting your media to us to use on our site, there are a few conditions you should be aware of.
By submitting a video or photo to our website, you confirm that:
- You own all copyright for media submitted, or that you have permission from the copyright owner to submit the video.
- We can use your name and media for publicity purposes within Maplin related media without paying you.
- We can use your submission in all media including online, television, print publishing etc.
- We can refuse to use the video or image without explanation.
- You indemnify Maplin against any claims that arise as a result of any breach by you of the media submission terms and conditions.
Once you’ve received your items we will send you an email with the option to review Maplin. We’d love to know what you think of us, so if you’ve bought a product from us online, tell us about your shopping experience. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve we’d love to hear those too.
If you would like to discuss any customer service related enquiry such as late delivery or faulty products, you should contact our customer service team.