All goods purchased from 10 March 2018 in store will be ‘sold as seen’ and returns can only be accepted within 30 days of purchase on the grounds that they are faulty* and with proof of purchase.
All non-faulty goods purchased from 10 March 2018 online can be returned within 30 days from receipt in a 'new' condition (unused and re-saleable), including all packaging, instructions and accessories along with the proof of purchase.
Any faulty* goods purchased from 10 March 2018 online can be returned within 30 days from receipt with proof of purchase.
We will not be accepting refunds or exchanges for goods purchased prior to 28 February 2018 (either in store or online).
All refunds require the authorisation of the Management team. Your statutory rights will not be affected.
*Faulty products - Important note
Please note, we reserve the right to inspect returned goods prior to an exchange or refund being completed. This includes an assessment for faulty drones. If we verify a manufacturer’s fault we will repair or replace (where we are unable to offer a repair or replacement, we will issue a refund). If the problem is not a manufacturer’s fault, we offer a chargeable repair service on certain products.
Any claim for goods or the defective parts should be returned together with proof of purchase and all complete accessories, instruction manuals and software and, wherever possible, in the original packaging.
There are some items we can't offer returns on due to the nature of the products.
- Goods that have had their manufacturer’s warranty revoked by the breaking of the seal of the product, or registration or activation of software or SIM cards.
- If the silver strip on the back of your Product Activation Key Card has been partially or completely damaged or removed.
- The seal has been broken on any DVD, CD or software including games.
- Gift Cards.
- Products with recordable Memory (including radio controlled aircraft, journey recorders & storage devices) that have been opened used or had their seals broken.
- Contracted services such as installation or subscriptions where the service has been activated or installation completed.
- Digital downloads – we also can’t issue refunds based on your inability to meet system or regional requirements, or lack of enjoyment while playing the game.
Our returns and refunds policy is separate and in addition to any of the Consumer’s legal rights to cancel, including the right set out in our Terms and Conditions.
In line with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations, we will accept items back for a refund if you inform us of your decision to cancel within 14 days from the delivery of the goods.
If goods are being returned by post, return postage charges must be met by the Customer. Maplin may refuse the return of an item if it is not accompanied by a returns authorisation number. Please contact our customer service team to obtain a returns number before returning the product. Any returns authorisation number must be clearly displayed on the return packaging and we ask all reasonable care is taken to ensure the goods are suitably packaged. We also would suggest a proof of postage is obtained when returning goods to us.