Boughta new Wi-Fi CCTV kit with us? Take the hassle out of installing it with ourprofessional CCTV installation service.
As theUK’s number 1 CCTV retailer, we know how important it is to get your Wi-Fi CCTVsystem installed correctly. We’ve partnered with professional installers TotalSupport Group (TSG) to get you up and running with your new Wi-Fi CCTV systemquickly and easily. With over 1,000 CCTV installations under our belt and acustomer rating of 9/10, you can trust us to get your Wi-Fi CCTV kit set upperfectly.
Whatyou’ll get with our CCTV installation service
• Fully trained and accredited CCTV installers
• Competitive pricing and custom quotes
• Set up of all cameras, components and DVR
• Demonstration of basic functions
This is aStandard Installation service to set up a Maplin purchased camera CCTV system.This does not include any CCTV cameras or hardware. You must purchase theappropriate CCTV kit from Maplin to use this service. This installation will becarried out by a professional engineer from Total Support Group (TSG). TSGtakes all the hassle out of setting up your CCTV kit – they offer a high-qualitytechnical installation service which includes camera positioning, cablemounting and assessment of camera viewing angles.
1. TSGwill contact you within 48hrs of your order to arrange a time for yourinstallation to take place (the installation can only take place after you havereceived your CCTV kit).
2. TSG will discuss with you the specific type of CCTV kit you have purchasedto ascertain the installation requirements, including type of cameras andDigital Video Recorder (DVR)/Network Video Recorder (NVR) specification.
3. A TSG engineer will install and align your CCTV system and cameras toprovide suitable viewing angles, using a ladder for safe working access to wallmounting positions below gutter level up to 2 storeys’ in height. (Please notethat the final camera positions will be governed by site access, type ofcamera, and the available cable routing options)
4. The engineer will then install the power cables (surface mounted only)between the individual cameras and the power sockets. (Please note that youmust ensure that adequate power sockets are made available near the Cameralocations as power leads from majority of the brands aren’t longer than 3m –each camera will need to be plugged into a power socket)
5. All cable wall entry holes will be properly sealed against the elementsusing silicon sealant and appropriate internal/external weather covers asrequired.
6. A final assessment of camera views will be carried out to confirm that thesystem is fully operational before a brief demonstration is provided.
KeyConsiderations for Standard Installation – please read before purchase:
• For installation, your CCTV kit needs to be new, purchased from Maplin, boxedand within the manufacturer’s warranty period. You may need to provide proof ofpurchase to the engineer.
• The areas that the cameras will be situated in need to be accessible by atwo-section ladder and no higher than two storeys from ground level.
• The property must be accessible by a Transit van style vehicle.
• You must have the permission of the property owner to install CCTV equipmentas holes may need to be drilled through internal and external walls.
• Most CCTV systems require a monitor to enable the recorded footage to beviewed.
• To view the CCTV footage, you will need a monitor / screen with suitableconnections that are compatible with the Digital Video Recorder (DVR)/ NetworkVideo Recorder (NVR), for example, HDMI / VGA etc.
• Depending on the size of your property and distance to each camera, you mayneed to purchase additional cable. Please check the length of cable supplied inyour CCTV product.
• If cables are to be installed in a loft, the loft must be clear and safe towork in.
• There will need to be available power sockets for the installation, includingat the intended DVR and monitor location.
• Your broadband speed should be 4MB or faster. Your router should beaccessible from where the DVR will be positioned.
• If you wish to use the remote viewing facility TSG will require a suitableportable device and adequate broadband service on site and on the mobiledevice.
Note thatfor a standard installation all cables will be installed surface mounted andnot installed in cavity walls or chased into plaster work. Conduit/trunking isnot included in Standard Installation but can be supplied if required foradditional cost.
Bybooking a standard installation service you are confirming that the above applyto the dwelling where the installation will take place. If TSG is unable tocomplete a standard installation due to any of the above criteria not beingmet, then we will not be able to guarantee a full refund.
If youare in any doubt or would like to discuss a ‘non-standard’ installation, pleasefeel free to chat to us or email us at email@example.com
In somecases it will be necessary to install additional materials or provide extraresources (manpower) to facilitate the CCTV system installation in a safemanner. For example:
• Extended Video Cabling
• Bespoke Camera Mounts
• Cable containment (Trunking)
• Additional Cameras (Non kit Cameras)
• Specialised Access Equipment/ Permits (hoists/ lifts etc)
• Additional Manpower (Two man team for special heights)
• 4 x 4 Vehicular Access requirements (Remote rural sites)