Boughta new CCTV kit with us? Take the hassle out of installing it with ourprofessional CCTV installation service.
As theUK’s number 1 CCTV retailer, we know how important it is to get your CCTVsystem installed correctly. We’ve partnered with professional installers TotalSupport Group (TSG) to get you up and running with your new CCTV system quicklyand easily. With over 10,000+ CCTV installationsunder our belt you can trust us to get your CCTV kit set up swiftly with the minimum amount of fuss.
Whatyou’ll get with our CCTV installation service
• Experienced CCTV installers who are trained on thelatest systems
• Competitive pricing for standard installations and Custom quotations for more bespoke systems
• Our Engineers will Set up of all kit elementsincluding cameras, cables and NVR/ DVR’s
• We will also provide a brief demonstration of the basicsystem functions as a part of the final sign off process to make sure that youare happy with the installation work and the associated camera views.
A standard 12 Month warranty on all new system installations and a 3 Month warranty on all materials provided by TSG during maintenance visits. Click here to read more about the warranty Terms and Conditions.
This is a Standard Installation service to set up a Maplin purchased camera CCTV system.This does not include any CCTV cameras or hardware. You must purchase theappropriate CCTV kit from Maplin to use this service. This installation will becarried out by a professional engineer from Total Support Group (TSG). TSGtakes all the hassle out of setting up your CCTV kit – they offer a highquality technical installation service which includes camera positioning, cablemounting and assessment of camera viewing angles.
1. TSGwill contact you within 48hrs of your order to arrange a time for yourinstallation to take place (the installation can only take place after you havereceived your CCTV kit).
2. TSG will discuss your specific installationrequirements, including property type, site access and the main locations forkey elements such as Cameras and the Digital Video Recorder (DVR)/Network VideoRecorder (NVR).
3. During the installation visit the TSG engineer willinstall and align your CCTV cameras to provide suitable viewing angles,using a standard ladder for safe working access to wall mounting positionsbelow gutter level up to 2 storeys’ in height. (Please note that the finalcamera positions will be governed by site access, type of camera, video cablelengths and the available cable routing options)
4. The engineer will then install the video cables (surface mounted only)between the individual cameras and the centrally situated DVR/NVR. (Please notethat you must ensure that adequate power sockets are made available near theDVR/NVR unit – each camera and monitor will need to be plugged into a powersocket)
5. All cable wall entry holes will be properly sealed against the elementsusing silicon sealant and appropriate internal/external weather covers asrequired.
6. A final assessment of camera views will be carried out to confirm that thesystem is fully operational before a brief demonstration is provided.
KeyConsiderations for Standard Installation – please read before purchase:
• For installation, your CCTV kit needs to be new, purchased from Maplin, boxedand within the manufacturer’s warranty period. You may need to provide proof ofpurchase to the engineer.
• The areas that the cameras will be situated in need to be accessible by atwo-section ladder and no higher than two storeys from ground level.
• The property must be accessible by a Transit van style vehicle.
• You must have the permission of the property owner to install CCTV equipmentas holes may need to be drilled through internal and external walls.
• Most CCTV systems require a monitor to enable the recorded footage to beviewed.
• To view the CCTV imagery locally you will needa monitor / screen with suitable connections that are compatible with theDigital Video Recorder (DVR)/ Network Video Recorder (NVR), for example, HDMI /VGA etc.
• Depending on the size of your property and distance to each camera, you mayneed to purchase additional cable lengths (>15m).Please check the length of cable supplied in your CCTV product. Additionalcable can be purchased at the time of installation if required for anadditional cost.
• If cables are to be installed in a loft, the loft must be clear and safe towork in.
• There will need to be available power sockets for the installation, includingat the intended DVR and monitor location. (Safe loftaccess and local power sockets may be required)
• Your broadband speed should be 4MB or faster. Your router should beaccessible from where the DVR will be positioned. (Powerlineadaptors may be required for remote locations)
• If you wish to use the remote viewing facility TSG will require a suitableportable device and adequate broadband service on site and on the mobiledevice.
Note thatfor a standard installation all cables will be installed surface mounted andnot installed in cavity walls or chased into plaster work. Cable containment (Conduit/trunking) is not includedin Standard Installation but can be supplied if required for additional cost.
Bybooking a standard installation service you are confirming that the above applyto the dwelling where the installation will take place. If TSG is unable tocomplete a standard installation due
to any of the above criteria not beingmet, then we will not be able to guarantee a full refund.
If youare in any doubt or would like to discuss a ‘non-standard’ installation, pleasefeel free to chat to us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In somecases it will be necessary to install additional materials or provide extraresources (manpower) to facilitate the CCTV system installation in a safemanner. For example:
• Extended Video Cabling
• Bespoke Camera Mounts
• Cable containment (Trunking)
• Additional Cameras (Non kit Cameras)
• Specialised Access Equipment/ Permits (hoists/ lifts etc)
• Additional Manpower (Two man team for special heights)
• 4 x 4 Vehicular Access requirements (Remote rural sites)
Theseadditional costs will of course need to be agreed with you and paymentcompleted before the installation starts.