• Provides the basis of an off-grid power system for home and work and caters for future system expansion
• Can deliver peak output of 700W
• Kit includes wind turbine, run/stop switch, diversion charge controller and dump load
• Add wind power to an existing off-grid power system to compliment Solar PV -more power in the winter months
• Add wind power to an existing off-grid power system to compliment a diesel generator - cut down your fuel usage and save money
• Ideal for powering equipment in remote places. Electric fences, water pumps, lighting and power in farm buildings, data-loggers all require power in places where there isn’t a mains connection readily available
• Lightweight turbine headmakes it easier to install on high masts in difficult locations
• ‘Downwind’ layout gives a small visual impact with no tail boom to vibrate and fail through fatigue
• 'Whispower' Blade technology means low acoustic emissions from the advanced aerofoil blade design
• Fully marinised aluminium alloy and stainless steel components are protected from the elements with aerospace grade coatings and anodising
• Easy Installation: Fit the blades, nose cone and make the electrical connections - all explained in an excellent user manual with detailed written explanations and diagrams.
• 2 year warrantyThe LE-600 is designed around a unique low inertia axial flux generator which utilises Neodymium rare earth magnetic materials. This alternator has zero ‘cogging’, which, together with its highly efficient and low ‘TSR’ Whispower Blades, allow the turbine to spin in the lightest of breezes and to react quickly to gusts. Furthermore, the LE-600 has a wild 3-phase output which is then converted to DC by an external regulator (supplied) which can be located near to the battery bank. This results in the most efficient way of transmitting power for long-distances between the turbine and the battery bank. So you can save money by purchasing smaller less expensive transmission cables and put the turbine further away from the battery bank, in a position where it can be exposed to optimum wind conditions.
Small and lightweight:
The LE-600 turbine is a downwind machine meaning that the rotor is at the back. This reduces the overall size and weight of it, whilst ensuring that there is no tail boom to amplify natural vibrations and eventually fail. The turbine is fitted with integrated yaw slip-rings that allow the turbine to swivel 360 degrees continuously in order to follow the changing direction of the wind. The unique ‘X-wing’ chassis is light, reducing the tower top weight and ensures that the turbine tracks the changing direction of the wind perfectly.
Rugged and reliable:
The turbine is designed and manufactured to be as rugged as possible giving a predicted design life of 20 years with little maintenance required during that period. The LE-600 survives destructive high winds by means of a simple passive aerodynamic design that limits turbine RPM and power output at a certain threshold.
The LE-600 is manufactured from high quality aluminium alloys and stainless steel which has been hard anodized and powder coated to ensure that the turbine will withstand the harsh effects of extreme environments. The various nuts and bolts are manufactured from A4 stainless steel, which is manufactured for the most corrosive of environments. The bearings are sealed for life and fully lubricated, so no greasing or maintenance is required.
The Tristar-45 Diversion controller:
The Morningstar TS-45 diversion controller is connected to your battery bank and dump load. It operates as an ‘overflow’ controller for your battery bank - bleeding excess energy to the dump load when the batteries are at full capacity. This means that the turbine is always running – and not being switched on and off as is the case with other charge control methods. It also means that your batteries are never ‘cycled’ through on / off charging techniques and this will prolong the life of your battery bank. The TS-45 uses pulse width modulation (PWM) to send the exact amount of excess energy to the dump load at any time.
The Run / Stop Switch in detail:
This high quality cam actuated switch is designed to operate at the voltages and currents required due to the turbine. It allows the turbine to be electrically isolated from the battery systems whilst also bringing the turbine to a near stop by placing a short circuit across the turbine output. Due to the unique design of the LE-600 alternator, this short circuit, means that the alternator is put into ‘dynamic braking’ mode. The turbine will slow down until it is almost stationary and will not be able to accelerate any further! The harder the wind tries to spin the turbine, the more the alternator resists. The switch is supplied in a preassembled, compact enclosure making it easy to wire-in and mount. The enclosure is also IP65 rated, meaning that the switch can be conveniently located at the base of the turbine.