Find similar products here
Adafruit 1.2" 8 x 8 Red LED Matrix Backpack - I2C
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: N63DQ
• Arduino compatible red LED matrix
• Constant current driver to avoid multiple illuminated LEDs affecting the light emitted
• 1/16 step dimming to give a level of control over the intensity of each LED
• I2C interface to allow easy connectivity to the majority of Arduino boards
• Powered from either the Arduino’s 5V output or an external 5V power supply
• The Arduino library is available here
• Support page available hereWhat does this product do?
The Adafruit red LED matrix backpack combines an LED matrix display with a HT16K33 chip. This allows the matrix to be controlled with the ability to adjust the brightness of each LED independently. The Adafruit red LED backpack comes in kit form with a well-designed printed circuit board, a HT16K33 chip and an 8 x 8 LED matrix.
What can I do with the LED matrix?
This red LED matrix backpack lets you display graphics wherever you want a simple display. You can also combine a number of them together to display a message. The uses of this LED matrix are only limited by your imagination.
What is the LED matrix backpack compatible with?
This red LED matrix uses I2C to communicate with an Arduino or other microcontroller. The I2C interface is compatible with the Uno, Mega 2560, Leonardo and Due Arduino boards. The I2C interface allows for the connection of multiple devices on the same two communication lines which enables you to have up to eight displays working simultaneously.
What library do I need for my Arduino?
In order to programme your Arduino board to control this red LED matrix backpack you need a library from the Adafruit website.
Click here to go to the Adafruit website to download the library.
|Operating Voltage||5 V|
|Interface Type||I2C / TWI|
|Driver Part Number||HT16K33|