Adafruit 12-Bit ADC 4 Channel with Programmable Gain Amplifier
• 12-bit precision at 3300 samples/second over I2C• Can be configured as 4 single-ended input channels, or two differential channels• Includes a programmable gain amplifier
• Small chip so it comes on a breakout board with ferrites to keep the AVDD and AGND quiet
• Please click here for the Raspberry Pi Library
• Please click here for the Arduino Library
For microcontrollers without an analogue-to-digital converter or when you want a higher-precision ADC, the ADS1015 provides 12-bit precision at 3300 samples/second over I2C. The chip can be configured as 4 single-ended input channels, or two differential channels. As a nice bonus, it even includes a programmable gain amplifier, up to x16, to help boost up smaller single/differential signals to the full range. We like this ADC because it can run from 2V to 5V power/logic, can measure a large range of signals and its super easy to use. It is a great general purpose 12 bit converter.
The chip's fairly small so it comes on a breakout board with ferrites to keep the AVDD and AGND quiet. Interfacing is done via I2C. The address can be changed to one of four options (see the datasheet table 5) so you can have up to 4 ADS1015's connected on a single 2-wire I2C bus for 16 single ended inputs.
| WIDE SUPPLY RANGE: 2.0V to 5.5V
| LOW CURRENT CONSUMPTION: Continuous Mode: Only 150µA Single-Shot Mode: Auto Shut-Down
| PROGRAMMABLE DATA RATE: 128SPS to 3.3kSPS
| INTERNAL LOW-DRIFT VOLTAGE REFERENCE
| INTERNAL OSCILLATOR
| INTERNAL PGA
| I2C INTERFACE: Pin-Selectable Addresses
| FOUR SINGLE-ENDED OR TWO DIFFERENTIAL INPUTS
| PROGRAMMABLE COMPARATOR
| This board/chip uses I2C 7-bit addresses between 0x48-0x4B, selectable with jumpers.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.