Adafruit 8-Key Capacitive Touch Sensor Breakout - I2C or SPI
• CAP188 has support for both I2C and SPI, so it easy to use with any microcontroller• If using I2C, you can select one of 5 addresses, for a total of 40 capacitive touch pads on one I2C 2-wire bus• Using this chip is a lot easier than doing the capacitive sensing with analog inputs: it handles all the filtering for you and can be configured for more/less sensitivityAdd lots of touch sensors to your next microcontroller project with this easy-to-use 8-channel capacitive touch sensor breakout board, starring the CAP1188.This chip can handle up to 8 individual touch pads, and has a very nice feature that makes it stand out for us: it will light up the 8 onboard LEDs when the matching touch sensor fires to help you debug your sensor setup.CAP188 has support for both I2C and SPI, so it easy to use with any microcontroller. If using I2C, you can select one of 5 addresses, for a total of 40 capacitive touch pads on one I2C 2-wire bus.
Using this chip is a lot easier than doing the capacitive sensing with analogue inputs: it handles all the filtering for you and can be configured for more/less sensitivity.
Comes with a fully assembled board, and a stick of 0.1"" header so you can plug it into a breadboard. For contacts, we suggest using copper foil, then solder a wire that connects from the foil pad to the breakout.Getting started is a breeze with the Adafruit Arduino library and tutorial.
You'll be up and running in a few minutes, and if you are using another microcontroller, its easy to port the code.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.