Adafruit Analog Output K-Type Thermocouple Amplifier - AD8495 Breakout with Type
• Easy to use analog output• Easily convert the voltage to temperature• This is a very simple sensor to use
• Temp range with 5V power: -250°C to +750°C output (0 to 5VDC)
• Temp range with 3.3V power: -250°C to +410°C output (0 to 3.3VDC)Thermocouples are very sensitive, requiring a good amplifier with a cold-compensation reference. This is a very simple sensor to use, and if your microcontroller has analog input capability, you'll be ready to go really fast!
The AD8495 K-type thermocouple amplifier from Analogue Devices is so easy to use, the whole thing is documented on the back of the tiny PCB. Power the board with 3-18VDC and measure the output voltage on the OUT pin. You can easily convert the voltage to temperature with the following equation: Temperature = (Vout - 1.25) / 0.005 V. So for example, if the voltage is 1.5VDC, the temperature is (1.5 - 1.25) / 0.005 = 60°C
Each order comes with a 2 pin terminal block (for connecting to the thermocouple), a fully assembled PCB with the AD8495 + TLVH125 precision voltage reference, pin header (to plug into any breadboard or perfboard) and a 1m K type thermocouple with glass over-braiding. Not for use with any other kind of thermocouple, K type only!
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.