Adafruit PowerBoost 500 Basic – 1.8V+ to 5V Boost (500mA)
• Charge your 5V devices from any 1.8V+ source
• Max output 1000mA
• Can used with USB or 2pin 3.5mm spaced terminal blocks
• Low battery indicator below 3.2V
• Not suggested for 2A devices such as large screen tabletsEfficiently power or charge any USB 5V device using any power source 1.8V or using this boost converter. The USB connector must be soldered on, though you may use a 3.5mm spaced terminal block
in place of the USB. What power can I get from this?
The 2A internal switch allows you to get 500mA+ from 1.8V, 750mA+ from 2 NiMH, and 1000mA+ from 3.7V lithium-polymer and lithium-ion batteries or 3x NiMH/Alkalines. All of this is done while being boosted to 5.2V. It is boosted to 5.2V instead of 5V to compensate for USB cable resistance, but is safe to use with 5V devices. This boost converter is not advised for 2A devices such as large screen tablets.Keep your project running
There is a low battery indicator that will let you know when the output drops below 3.2V. This boost converter will consume 5mA while active, and only 20uA while inactive.
| Battery Connector
|| 2-Pin JST
| Min Voltage Required
|| 1.8 V
| Max Voltage Out
|| 5.2 V
| Max Amp Out
|| 1 A
| Soldering Required
| Dimensions (W x D x H)
|| 28 mm x 22 mm x 9 mm
|| 3 g
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.