• Add the ability to hands-on interact with electronics projects
• Great for finger presses or capacitive sensing
• Can be used with anything conductive
• Only one contact can trigger at a time
• Requires some light solderingWhat is the Adafruit Standalone 5-Pad Capacitive Touch Sensor Breakout?
Capacitive sensors allow you to interact with your electronics projects by detecting finger touches on the corresponding points. When used with a microcontroller each of the touch sensors can trigger a mass range of events and outputs, which is great for sound boards or learning activities.
All you need to get this up and running is to connect the voltage in and ground pins to a power supply and you’re ready to go.
A breakout board allows you to make difficult to solder, or a group of parts easy to integrate into your projects.
Convenient M3 holes in the PCB make mounting this breakout into your project easy.
How can I get the most out of my project?
This breakout does not need to be used with a microcontroller, making it great for experimenting with other materials you can use as capacitive interfaces like foil and conductive foam.
The header pins allow for quick and easy attachment to a breadboard allowing for all your prototyping and testing needs without messy wires. The header pins do not come attached, enabling you to attach wires instead; this is great for more permanent application.