Adafruit Trinket - Mini Microcontroller - 3.3V Logic
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: A64QN
About this product
- Start your electronics and coding projects with the user friendly, Arduino based open-source Adafruit Trinket Microcontroller – 3.3 V
- With the supplied header pins you can snap the Adafruit Trinket into any breadboard
- Power your Adafruit Trinket with just a USB cable, or solder on a 2-pin JST connector for a LiPo battery
• Start your electronics and coding projects with the user friendly, Arduino based open-source Adafruit Trinket Microcontroller – 3.3 V
• With the supplied header pins you can snap the Adafruit Trinket into any breadboard
• Power your Adafruit Trinket with just a USB cable, or solder on a 2-pin JST connector for a LiPo battery
• Even on such a tiny board they’ve managed to squeeze in 3 Digital I/O Pins, 2 of which are PWM and one Analogue in
• Using Arduino has never been easier, with thousands of tips, tricks and guides readily available online.Reasons to pick the Arduino Trinket 3.3 V Logic
The Adafruit Trinket is a tiny open-source Arduino board. Start any electronics or coding projects readily available online in the huge Maker community, or design a project yourself.
With any tiny project, you’ll need a tiny board, none will fit better than the Adafruit Trinket, being only 15.5 mm wide it can be tucked into the tiniest of places. The Adafruit Trinket comes provided with the header pins, but are not soldered on, meaning should you choose to sew your components on, or solder wires onto the solder contacts instead of header pins you are fully able to.
This board also comes with a quick reset button and screw mounting holes.
Among all the other great features, the best thing about the Adafruit Trinket is that it is breadboard ready. Using the provided header pins, it sits across any breadboards divider. You can start prototyping any project, without the fuss of further soldering or bridge out to a secondary board.
Connections and Expansion
The Adafruit Trinket has 3 Digital I/O pins each allowing you to individually control a series of components. Each Digital I/O pin can control a limb for a walking talking robot, control hundreds of RGB LEDs, or build your own keypad controlled electronic door lock, and so much more.
The Adafruit Trinket does not come with a battery connecter, but one can be soldered on as there are solder pads on the bottom, connected to Ground and VBat+.
What will you make?
With the ever expanding range of tutorial guides available, you can start by telling a single LED to flash, or control a stepper motor’s speed and direction. Using coding languages called C/C++, these skills easily translate to most general software languages, so you’ll be learning a lot more than electronics.
Where the Adafruit Trinket doesn’t support shields, they can utilise breakout boards, which are like tiny shields that link together just as easy, usually providing more specific uses.
Breakouts allow you to more easily manage a lot of components in any project, you can view our range of breakouts and other Arduino/Adafruit related accessories by clicking Here.
Ease of Use
The Arduino powered Adafruit Trinket is fantastic for all ages, whether you have previous experience or not, from fun to functional. There are many tutorials that will tell you exactly what you will need, even what pins to connect your components into, giving you a step by step, start to finish.
Using the Arduino IDE Software, it will allow you to very easily update your Adafruit Trinket with the code you’ve prepared, making the transfer seamless, it will even let you know whether your code makes sense and will work before you even upload it.
With the Adafruit Trinket 3.3 V, Start by;
Learning how to Control a servo,
Or even make your own Bluetooth alarm,
You can make a sewing machine like pedal which is great for making computer macros for repeating lines of texts or commands on your PC with each foot press.
Arduino IDE software is needed to program an Arduino, it’s not in the box. Download from here: http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
Works on Mac, Windows and Linux based computers including Raspberry Pi's Rasbian software
• Trinket does not have a Serial port connection for debugging so the serial port monitor will not be able to send/receive data
• Some computers' USB v3 ports don't recognize the Trinket's boot loader. Simply use a USB v2 port or a USB hub in between
• Trinket is not supported on Linux operating system at this time - try Mac OS or Windows!
|CPU Clock Speed||8 MHz|
|Operating Voltage||5 V|
|Input Voltage||3.5 V - 16 V Battery, 5 V USB|
|Analog In/Out||1/0 (Shared with digital)|
|USB Serial Controller||USB-Mini|
|Flash Memory||8 kB|
|Board Version (if applicable)||1|
|Special Features||Reset Button|
|Mounting screw holes|
|Connectivity||JST-PH battery connector solder points|
|Dimensions||31 mm x 15.5 mm x 5 mm|