Adafruit USB Power Gauge Mini-Kit
• Easily measure voltage, current, and wattage easily
• Complimented by a data logger
• Requires assembly
• Analogue/TTL serial output for debugging and data logging
• Works with all USBs and will not bottleneck data
• Can measure up to 1A of current and is safe to use with 2A devices
• Turns light off below 4.5V
• Source code and schematics available hereWhat does a USB power gauge do?
With this handy little device you can quickly and easily determine how much current is drawn through a USB chargeable device such as a mobile phone or tablet. It will display your charging current using the series of LEDs. The gauge measures up to a maximum of 1A. If your charger surpasses 500mA, it will still be safe to use and will light up all the LEDs. There is also a safe charging green LED that will turn off if voltage drops below 4.5V.What more can I do with this power gauge?
The data passes through unhindered, so you may use any USB device at any speed. It is also has a reprogrammable micro-controller, analogue output, and TTL serial output – all controlled through open source code. Voltage, current, and wattage data are also produced, and output is sent as readable text via the TX pin. This kit is greatly complimented by a data logger add-on.
Source code is available here
Not to be used as a multi-meter.
| Assembly Required
| Max Voltage
| Package Contents
|| USB power gauge PCB
|| Solderable USB-A (male)
|| Solderable USB-A (female)
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.