Find similar products here
Adafruit USB Power Gauge Mini-Kit
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: A58QN
• Easily measure voltage, current, and wattage easily
• Complimented by a data logger
• Requires assembly
• Analogue/TTL serial output for debugging and data logging
• Works with all USBs and will not bottleneck data
• Can measure up to 1A of current and is safe to use with 2A devices
• Turns light off below 4.5V
• Source code and schematics available hereWhat does a USB power gauge do?
With this handy little device you can quickly and easily determine how much current is drawn through a USB chargeable device such as a mobile phone or tablet. It will display your charging current using the series of LEDs. The gauge measures up to a maximum of 1A. If your charger surpasses 500mA, it will still be safe to use and will light up all the LEDs. There is also a safe charging green LED that will turn off if voltage drops below 4.5V.
What more can I do with this power gauge?
The data passes through unhindered, so you may use any USB device at any speed. It is also has a reprogrammable micro-controller, analogue output, and TTL serial output – all controlled through open source code. Voltage, current, and wattage data are also produced, and output is sent as readable text via the TX pin. This kit is greatly complimented by a data logger add-on.
Source code is available here.
Not to be used as a multi-meter.
|Package Contents||USB power gauge PCB|
|Solderable USB-A (male)|
|Solderable USB-A (female)|