• Explore programming with Python in this easy to understand guide for 11-15 year olds
• Get started learning a computer programming language
• 288-page paperback book with 10 projects
• Create a fun two-player game, images, animations and GUIs (graphical user interfaces)What is this book about?
Get a head start in learning programming languages with this fun and informative book. With easy to follow instructions and videos on the companion website, this is the perfect way to get 11 to 15 year olds into programming with Python. Learn how to create your own games, images and animations and enjoy building big and more complicated programs with this free open source language.
Who is the author?
Adventures in Python is written by Craig Richardson, a software developer, freelance writer and former teacher who has introduced hundreds of beginners to programming in his spare time. The fun and colourful 288-page paperback book comes with full step-by-step instructions, illustrations and examples. The companion website has videos to help you through each chapter. With 10 projects to choose from, this is a great introduction to programming.
From the back cover:
Ready to learn Python programming? This is the place to start!
Python is one of the top programming languages worldwide, a favourite of Google, YouTube, the BBC, and Spotify, as well as the primary programming language for the Raspberry Pi. Learning Python is a great way to get into programming, and this book makes it easy and fun.
No programming experience? No problem! Adventures in Python walks you through ten projects that explain the fundamentals of programming in general, and Python in particular, with clear, simple instructions. As you master the basics, new skills are introduced. Video clips with each chapter provide more information about important concepts. Before you know it, you'll have the confidence to tackle your own projects. Some of the things you'll learn are:
• Navigate basic computer programming concepts
• Learn the fundamentals of Python through fun and engaging examples
• Understand the Python programming language so that you can make your own ideas come to life
• Create your own images, animations, and GUIs with the power of programming
• Create a fun two–player game to play with your friends
To make your Python adventure even easier, the companion website at www.wiley.com/go/adventuresinpython includes helpful videos for each chapter and other useful information. Once you know how to use Python, you'll also have a head start on learning other programming languages, such as C++, Objective–C, and Java. Let's get started!
About the Author
Craig Richardson is a software developer, freelance writer, and former teacher with plenty of classroom experience. In his spare time, he has introduced hundreds of beginners to programming through his fun and engaging Python workshops and resources.