• Discover how to program with your Raspberry Pi (not included) in this easy to understand guide for 11-15 year olds
• Learn to program in Python and Scratch (not included) on your PC, Mac or Raspberry Pi
• 256-page paperback book with nine projects
• Design and create your own games and jukeboxWhat is this book about?
Get into programming on the Raspberry Pi and see just what you can do with it. The Raspberry Pi can be used as a basis for hundreds of fun, interesting and useful ideas – so get started today with this easy to understand book, which shows you how to set up and develop you skills.
Written with 11 to 15 year olds in mind, this book shows you how to start your programming journey at the very beginning. Learn how to program with Python and Scratch, design with Turtle Graphics and even interact with developers tools like Minecraft Pi and Sonic Pi. The companion website has videos for each of the projects to demonstrate them for you.
With nine projects to explore, you’ll never be short of ideas to try. Discover how to design games, create electronic music, build a jukebox program and much more.
Who is the author?
Adventures in Raspberry Pi is written by Carrie Anne Philbin, a Google Certified and Raspberry Pi Certified computing teacher and founder and presenter of the award winning Geek Gurl Diaries. This colourful 256-page paperback is written in easy to understand plain English with step-by-step instructions, illustrations and examples. Learn to program your Raspberry Pi with this great book for beginners and enthusiasts, and don’t forget to check out the videos for each project on the companion website.
From the back cover:
Your ticket to a world of adventures with the Raspberry Pi
There are so many great things about the Raspberry Pi. It makes learning to program a computer fast, easy and fun even if you don't know the first thing about programming. The Raspberry Pi is your gateway to a world of limitless adventures in technology.
Adventures in Raspberry Pi, 2nd Edition is the ticket that gains you admission to that world. High School Computing teacher Carrie Anne Philbin walks you step–by–step through everything you need to know to:
• Get started with your Raspberry Pi
• Write your first programs in the Scratch and Python® programming languages
• Draw shapes and designs with Turtle Graphics
• Use cool developer tools such as Minecraft® Pi and Sonic Pi v2.0
• Interact with and create transporters in a Minecraft world
• Compose and play electronic music
• Design and create your own role–playing game
• Learn basic electronics, starting with a marshmallow–powered button
• Plan, design and create a jukebox that plays your favourite tunes
Once you know the basics, the Raspberry Pi offers endless possibilities. Adventures in Raspberry Pi, 2nd Edition is the perfect guide to learning the skills to make the most of your Raspberry Pi. And just to make your journey that much easier, the Adventures in Raspberry Pi, 2nd Edition companion website supplies you with video tutorials for every project in the book. Visit the companion website at www.wiley.com/go/adventuresinrp2E to see videos of the projects, download code files, and collect badges for your Raspberry Pi accomplishments.
About the Author
Carrie Anne Philbin is a Google Certified and Raspberry Pi Certified Computing Teacher. She is also the founder and presenter of the award winning Gurl Geek Diaries (www.geekgurldiaries.co.uk). Currently, Carrie Anne is working with the Raspberry Pi Foundation to improve the teaching of Computing in schools