Afterburn A6-6400k APU 4GB RAM Bronze Motherboard & Processor Bundle
• Processor, motherboard and memory pre-assembled for quick start PC build and easy upgrading – ensuring compatibility
• AMD A6-6400k dual-core 3.9GHz (4.2GHz turbo speed), 1MB cache APU delivers wonderful performance at a great price
• Corsair XMS3 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3, 1600MHz, CL11 (11-11-11-30) RAM module for terrific performance
• ASUS A68HM-PLUS AMD FM2+ M-ATX motherboard with HDMI, DVI-D, VGA and 8-channel HD audio
• Has the following input and output (I/O) ports: 2 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) LAN port, 3 x audio jack(s), 1 x PS/2 keyboard, 1 x PS/2 mouse, 1 x HDMI, 1 x dual-link DVI-D, 1 x VGA (d-sub)
• Expansion ports available for you to use: 2 x DIMM (1 x free, max 32GB DDR3), 1 x PCI express (PCIe) 3.0/2.0 x16 (1 x free), 1 x PCI express (PCIe) 2.0 x1 (1 x free), 1 x PCI (1 x free), 4 x SATA III 6Gb/s ports (2 x free)What can I do with this bundle?
Our bronze grade Afterburn motherboard bundle gives you a good starting platform for building your first desktop PC, which can also be used as an entry-level gaming PC. It includes an AMD A6-6400k 3.9GHz APU, ASUS’s A68HM-PLUS M-ATX motherboard and a 4GB Corsair XMS3 RAM module. All you’ll need to add on top of this to get a system going is a power supply, hard drive or SSD, operating system, graphics card and a case to house it all.
How good is the processor?
At the core of this bundle is an AMD dual-core A6-6400k APU which has a base speed of 3.9GHz and a turbo speed of 4.2GHz. It’s two cores give you wonderful entertainment experience at a great price. As this is an APU (Accelerated Processing Unit), you get a mix of a traditional CPU with a graphics process unit (GPU) – with this GPU being a Radeon HD 8470D. AMD Turbo Core technology optimises both the CPU and GPU that is located within the APU in the most demanding applications, providing that extra speed when needed.
What makes this motherboard different?
ASUS’s A68HM-PLUS motherboard is a small and compact micro ATX (M-ATX) board that can be installed into builds that use mini tower cases or larger. It is perfect for anyone looking for a basic motherboard to build an entry level gaming PC. The motherboard has been built with ASUS 5X Protection – which offers various hardware safeguards such as protection from over current and short circuit due to electrostatic discharge. Additionally, high quality components are used, increasing long-term system reliability and performance. Intuitive ASUS UEFI BIOS and AI Suite 3 make it easy to see and adjust settings, so you can make the PC your own.
How much memory is supplied?
This bundle is equipped with a 4GB Corsair DDR4 memory stick (RAM module), which runs at 2133Mz. Utilising the 4GB of RAM, multiple programs can be run simultaneously – allowing for quick access to files that are temporarily stored. Since only one DIMM slot is used, you’ll have one other slot free for future upgrades.
Motherboard & Processor Bundle
AMD A6-6400K Black Edition 3.9 GHz (4.2 GHz turbo speed) APU (AD640KOKHLMPK)
ASUS A68HM-PLUS AMD FM2+ M-ATX motherboard
2 x DIMM (1 x free
max 32 GB DDR3)
1 x PCI express (PCIe) 3.0/2.0 x16 (1 x free)
1 x PCI express (PCIe) 2.0 x1 (1 x free)
1 x PCI (1 x free)
4 x SATA III 6Gb/s ports (2 x free)
|External I/O Ports
2 x USB 3.0
2 x USB 2.0
1 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) LAN port
3 x audio jack(s)
1 x PS/2 keyboard (purple port)
1 x PS/2 mouse (green port)
1 x HDMI
1 x dual-link DVI-D
1 x VGA / d-sub
Piledriver – Richland
AMD Socket FM2
|Number Of Threads
|Number Of Physical Cores
Yes - Radeon HD 8470D
Onboard Realtek ALC887-VD2 8 channel high definition audio codec
Stock cooler supplied with CPU (pre-installed)
Stock thermal paste supplied with CPU (pre-applied)
M-ATX (MicroATX_ mATX_ uATX)
|Minimum Power Supply
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.