- Connect your compatible smart devices and control them with your voice simply by asking Alexa
- Ask Alexa questions, make calls directly to other Echo owners, set alarms & timers, manage shopping lists and more using your voice
- Powerful speaker with 360° omnidirectional audio and Dolby processing to output crisp vocals and dynamic bass response
- Includes seven microphones with noise cancellation and beam-forming technology to hear you from any direction, even with music playing
- Play music from Amazon Music, TuneIn, Spotify (coming soon) & more
- Use Amazon Music to search for a song by its lyrics, time-period, or let Alexa be the DJ Use multi-room music to play music simultaneously across all the Echo devices in your home
- Set each individual mood by telling Alexa to play pop in the kitchen, R&B in the living room, or the same song in the bedroom
- Bluetooth input not supported, audio output available via Bluetooth and 3.5mm jack to connect to your existing stereo system
- Works with a range of smart devices including Philips Hue, TP-Link, Hive, Samsung SmartThings, WeMo, Netatmo, Tado° & more
- Enjoy hands-free conversations with anyone who has an Echo device or the Alexa App without dialling or searching
- Send messages via voice or voice to text to anyone with an Echo device or the Alexa app installed
- Use the Drop In feature for room-to-room calling between multiple Echo's around your home
The Amazon Echo is a smart speaker that you can control with your voice. It features Alexa, the smart assistant that allows you to use your voice to play music, control your smart devices, make calls, check sports scores, plan your day, set reminders and more. All you have to do is ask.
“Alexa, play that song…”
The Echo is also a great speaker for playing music in your home, as the 2.5 inch down-firing woofer and 0.6 inch tweeter paired together can turn your room into the place to be! Play your favourite tunes from Amazon music, Spotify (coming soon), TuneIn & more. With Amazon Music, you can even ask alexa to play a song by using the lyrics, time-period, or let Alexa take control and become the DJ. Use voice commands like “Alexa, play pop songs from the 90’s” or “Alexa, play that song that goes ‘what is love” to get started.
“Alexa, turn on the Lights”
The Amazon Echo works with your smart devices, and allows you to control them using your voice. Connect your Smart Bulbs, Thermostat, or smart plug and open up a whole new world of audible possibilities. Use the Amazon Echo to turn on your bedroom lamp before you get out of bed, turn up the heat on your thermostat while studying, or dim the lights without moving when it’s movie time. You can use voice commands such as “Alexa, set living room to 21 degrees” or “Alexa turn on the lights”, and more. The Echo works with lights, locks, switches, thermostats and from brands like Philips Hue, WeMo, TP-link, Hive, Nest, Samsung SmartThings, Netatmo & more.
“Alexa, call Dad”
The Amazon Echo allows you to easily talk to other owners of Echo devices or the Alexa app. You don’t have to pull out your phone and search for contacts, which means you can continue with the cooking as you call your friends and family. You can also send messages via voice or text to anyone with an Echo device or the Alexa app. The calling and messaging is available at no additional cost, all you need is the latest version of the Alexa app on your smartphone. You can also communicate between several Echo devices in your home, using the Drop In feature. Let people in the house know when dinner is ready, ask someone with help with chores, or tell the kids to go to sleep, without having to shout.
“Alexa, how is my commute?”
The Amazon Echo has thousands of skills, and is updated with more regularly. The skills add even more capabilities such as ordering pizza from Domino’s, tracking your fitness with Fitbit, getting recipe suggestions from Recipedia, and more. New skills are being added all the time and you can even view ratings and reviews to see what other customers are saying about a specific skill.
“Alexa, are you a robot?” Alexa, which is the brain behind the Echo, updates regularly through the cloud and is always learning, adding new functionality and skills. The more you use Echo, the more it gets used to the way you talk, your vocabulary and personal preferences. In the long term, the Echo will grow with you and become a very personalised experience. You can even personalise the Echo in the future by purchasing a different outer cover and switching it out.