- Use the screen to view your schedule for the day, watch Amazon Video, see music lyrics, view smart cameras, photos & more
- Control your smart devices using your voice with the Alexa cloud-based assistant
- Ask questions, make calls directly to other Echo owners, set alarms & timers, manage shopping lists with your voice
- Powerful speaker with Dolby processing to give you clear vocals and dynamic bass response
- Features eight different microphones with noise cancellation and beam-forming technology to hear you from any direction, even with music playing
- Play music from Amazon Music, TuneIn, Spotify (coming soon) & more
- Use Amazon Music to search a song by its lyrics, time-period, or let Alexa be the DJ
- Use multi-room music to play music simultaneously across all Echo devices in your home
- Set individual moods by asking Alexa to play one song in the living room while playing another song in the bedroom
- Bluetooth input supported, audio output available via Bluetooth to your compatible stereo system
- Works with a range of smart devices including Philips Hue, TP-Link, Hive, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, Ring, Netatmo & more
- Enjoy hands-free conversations with anyone who has an Echo device or the Alexa App installed
- Use the Drop In feature for room to room calling between multiple Echo's around your home
“Alexa show my calendar”
The Amazon Echo Show enhances your smart home experience by giving you visual feedback on a screen that is optimised for visibility across the room. Make voice and video calls to other Echo owners or user of the Alex app, get the news with video briefing, shop using your voice, see the lyrics to your songs with Amazon music & more. All you need to do is ask. The Echo Show can hear you over any playing music, even from across the room, as it features eight microphones with beam-forming technology. It has an expertly tuned speaker that can fill any room.
“Alexa, show me the kids room”
The Echo Show can be used to seamlessly control and monitor your smart home, and the screen makes that experience even simpler. Use the Echo Show to view a live feed from your connected Arlo or Nestcamera in the nursery, or at your front door. Switch on the fan, or the living room lights from your couch, all without lifting a finger. Control several devices at scheduled times or with a single voice command such as turning off the lights when you get to bed. The Echo Show is compatible with multiple smart home devices such as lights, cameras, thermostats and more from brands such as Philips Hue, WeMo, TP-Link, Hive, Nest, Samsung SmartThings, Netatmo & more.
“Alexa, drop in on the kitchen”
Make hands-free voice calls to any of your contacts with an Echo or the Alexa app, or video calls to owners of an Echo Spot, Echo Show, or directly to a device with the Alexa app installed. While you’re busy cooking lunch, simply ask Alexa to place a call from your Echo Show to anyone. The Drop In feature is also featured on the Echo Show, which allows you to connect instantly with other Echo devices in your home, or even your closest family & friends. You can drop in to ask what time to come down for dinner, see that the baby is sleeping well, or check in with Mum simply by asking Alexa. The Alexa app allows you to take conversations and contacts wherever you go. When you are away from home, use the app to make a quick call or send a message to your family’s Echo. Calling and messaging through the app is free, just download the Alexa app onto your smartphone with iOS 9.0 or higher and Android 5.0 or higher.
“Alexa, add milk to my shopping list”
The Echo Show is great for giving you info at a glance. Simply ask Alexa for your video flash briefing from the BBC (other sources are available), and it will give you all the top line news for the day, or ask “Alexa, what’s on the calendar today?” and it will show you a summary. The Echo Show can help you stay organised at home. Start a timer in the kitchen and watch as it counts down, or easily see and manage your home calendar. Log in to the Alexa app to take your shopping list and to do list with you. You can even have live updates, so if someone adds something to the list when you are out, you can see it added on your app instantly.
“Alexa, turn it up”
The Echo Show is designed to deliver clear vocals with dynamic bass response and expansive sound. As you play from Amazon Music, the display will come alive and show song lyrics, album art, and other great ways to experience your music such as curated playlists. You even have the option of multi-room music, allowing you to play across multiple Echo devices simultaneously. The Echo Show also has Bluetooth audio input/output , allowing you to play music from your phones library or Apple Music, and allowing you to connect your Echo Show to a larger Bluetooth speaker for even better sound.
Note: Multi-room is not available when using Bluetooth audio input
“Alexa, how is my commute”
Alexa is the cloud based voice assistant from Amazon that is always getting smarter. As you continue to use your Echo Show, it will adapt to your speech patterns, vocabulary and personal preferences. Thanks to the Echo Show being constantly connected, any updates are delivered automatically. Alexa skills give you even more abilities like being able to plan your commute, control your Fire TV player, and book a cab. New skills are added regularly and you can also see ratings and reviews to learn what other customers are saying about skills in the Alexa app.