• Enjoy your favourite TV shows, films, music and games on the big screen, with 4K ultra high definition (UHD) supported
• Gain access to tens of thousands of TV episodes, movies and catch up on programmes through Netflix, Amazon Video, BBC iPlayer, ITV and many more
• No more buffering with Amazon’s ASAP feature
• 2GB RAM, dedicated GX6250 graphics engine and the quad-core processor results in ultra-fast streaming and smooth gaming
• 8GB storage, which can expanded to up to 128GB with a microSD card (sold separately)
• Share what is displayed on your Fire OS or Android device through your TV with display mirroring
• Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi receiver for connecting wirelessly to your network and supplies you with ultra-fast streaming capabilities
• Compatible with Fire, Android and iOS devicesSpecial features
• Voice remote with built-in microphone allows you to quickly and easily find your favourite shows or movies
• Support for 4K UHD lets you enjoy true-to-life picture quality when used with compatible 4K UHD TVsWhat can I do with this media player?
If you want all your favourite programmes and movies in a central location from which you can access your favourite subscription and streaming services*, then this Amazon Fire TV media player is just what you need. By combining all these streaming services into a central location, you can watch your favourites from Netflix, Amazon Video, BBC iPlayer, Demand 5 and more on your TV. ASAP (advanced streaming and protection) learns which Amazon movies and TV shows you like and buffers them for playback, so you start watching right away. *Please note that some of the services may require additional subscriptions
The content that you can appreciate doesn’t stop there, you can stream millions of songs from TuneIn, Vevo, Amazon Music and more*. Gaming on your TV is also possible, with many free and paid games available for you to choose from – which you can then play using your Fire TV voice remote or with Amazon’s Fire TV game controller (sold separately). From the responsive interface, quick search times, smooth gaming and ultra-fast streaming, you get a truly enjoyable experience with this media player. This is all thanks to the quad-core processor, dual band 802.11ac Wi-Fi support, dedicated PowerVR GX6250 graphics engine and 2GB of RAM.What video quality does this output?
This media player also has support for 4K UHD streaming capabilities which, when used with a compatible 4K UHD TV, allow you to enjoy your movies or TV shows with true-to-life picture quality. Even without a 4K UHD TV, you can enjoy thousands of streams in high definition, up to 1080p. Through the use of Dolby Audio, you can also experience cinematic surround sound, consistent quality and enhanced volume via HDMI (up to 7.1) in supported apps.Does the Amazon Fire TV support voice control?
Amazon Fire TV lets you say it and then watch it. With the supplied voice remote, the built-in mic allows you to search for TV shows, movies, actors, directors and genres using just your voice – there’s no need to type with the remote to find your content. You can also use the ‘Fire TV Remote’ app, which is available for Fire, Android and iOS devices, to search for content with your voice. Voice search is supported by Amazon’s entire video, app and game catalogue, but doesn’t work directly inside individual apps, such as Netflix. How easy is it to install?
The Amazon Fire TV has been built with an HDMI port, so an HDMI cable is needed to connect to your TV. This isn’t supplied, but we have a wide range here
. To start using this this Amazon Fire TV, simply plug it into your TV via a HDMI cable (not supplied) and into your power socket. Next connect to the internet, sign into your Amazon account and enjoy, it’s as easy as that.What can it connect to?
You can click on the ‘fling’ icon on your Second Screen-enabled Fire tablet to send video and audio to the big screen, or you can use standards like DIAL to fling services, for example YouTube and Netflix, from your Android or iOS device. As this player supports Miracast (display mirroring), you can also mirror whatever is on your Fire OS or Android device to your TV.
At the back of the Fire TV is a USB 2.0 port, which you can use to connect a wireless mouse or keyboard, or play content from a USB storage device. A microSD card slot, lets you expand the 8GB storage by up to 128GB for even more games and apps. Enjoy your music, TV shows and movies without disturbing anyone else by using Bluetooth compatible headphones.