• NEW iPad 3
• Retina display
• 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
• 2048 x 1536-pixel resolution at 264 pixels per inch (PPI)
• Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
• Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
• Dual-core Apple A5X custom-designed, high-performance, low-power system-on-a-chip with quad-core graphics
• Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
• Assisted GPS
• Bluetooth 4.0 technology
• UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
• 4G LTE (700, 2100 MHz) US and Canada only
• 5-megapixel iSight camera
• Video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio and video stabilisation
• FaceTime camera with VGA-quality photos and video at up to 30 frames per second
• Built-in 42.5-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
• Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video or listening to music
• Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system
• Micro-SIM card trayPick up the new iPad and suddenly, it’s clear. You’re actually touching your photos, reading a book, playing the piano. Nothing comes between you and what you love. To make that hands-on experience even better, we made the fundamental elements of iPad better — the display, the camera, the wireless connection. All of which makes the new, third-generation iPad capable of so much more than you ever imagined.
The new retina display has four times more pixels than iPad 2. Razor-sharp text. Richer colours. The Retina display transforms the entire iPad experience. So everything looks and feels incredibly lifelike and perfectly detailed.
The 5-megapixel iSight camera features a backside illumination sensor that captures great-looking pictures whether by sunlight or candlelight. Autofocus, tap to focus and tap to set exposure functions mean every photo you take instantly becomes a frame-worthy gem. And with built-in face detection that automatically balances focus and exposure across up to 10 faces, there’s more room for more grins. So everyone look at iPad and say "Cheese".
Record HD video in full 1080p.
Sometimes life takes you by surprise. You’re reading a best-seller on your iPad waiting for the morning train when you spy a gifted performer on the platform. Or you’re browsing the web on the sofa when your dog trots by wearing your daughter’s tutu. The iSight camera on the new iPad lets you capture all these unpredictable, beautiful and hilarious moments. In 1080p HD, no less. And with automatic video stabilisation, your recording is free of bumps and shakes. Which is a big advantage when you’re laughing uncontrollably.
The A5X chip with quad-core graphics drives four times the pixels of iPad 2, yet it delivers the same smoothness and fluidity iPad is known for. Even with all that extra oomph, the new iPad still gets an amazing 10 hours of battery life.