• AMD® Radeon™ R9 380 chipset and has a maximum core speed of 990MHz
• 4GB of GDDR5 video memory (VRAM) that runs at 5,700MHz and gives you thrilling graphics performance for gaming at 1440p
• Enjoy most games on high image quality settings at 1440p and 1080p resolutions
• Connect a range of monitors to the graphics card with DisplayPort, DVI-D, DVI-I and HDMI ports
• Using a DisplayPort MST hub, connect up to six monitors for improved productivity and gaming experience, with a maximum resolution of 2,560 x 1,600 pixels on each, 1440p supported
• AMD CrossFire™ technology support allows you to connect another graphics card for a performance boost
• Full-sized card that takes up two expansion case slots – please check case and motherboard dimensions first
• ASUS’s DirectCU II and two 0dB fans give you a cool and extremely quiet card
• Manufacturer part number: STRIX-R9380-DC2-4GD5-GAMINGWhat can I expect from this graphics card?
This card allows you to play most games at high image quality settings to a resolution of 1440p or 1080p. It fits into the PCI Express (PCIe) x16 slot on your motherboard and is designed off AMD’s Radeon™ R9 380 chipset. The graphics process unit (GPU) on this card is capable of achieving up to 990MHz clock speed when the overclock mode is selected in the supplied GPU Tweak II software. Along with 8GB of video memory (VRAM), which runs at a clock speed of 5,700MHz, you are able to game and view content at a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels. Cooled with ASUS’s DirectCU II technology and two patented wing-blade 0dB fans, you can game in near silence.
How good is the performance of this graphics card?
Installed is 8GB of GDDR5 VRAM that is running at a clock speed of 5,700MHz. Pairing this with the GPU’s achievable speeds of up to 990MHz allows you to play many games at high image quality (texture) settings. Additionally, you can have these games running at resolutions of 1080p (1,920 x 1,080 pixel) or 1440p (2,560 x 1,440 pixel) without an issue.
How do I connect to this graphics card?
You are provided with a range of connections at the back of the card – DisplayPort, DVI-D, DVI-I and HDMI – for attaching a number of monitors. Since the card has a DVI-I port you can use a DVI-I female to VGA male adapter (for example, Order Code: A60QG) to connect a VGA only monitor to this card. With AMD’s Eyefinity™ technology you can use six displays simultaneously. Non-DisplayPort connected displays are limited to two, and the other displays will need to be connected via DisplayPort. You can also game across multiple monitors and the great thing is you don’t need them to be the same resolution.
Through AMD’s FreeSync™ technology and the use of a compatible FreeSync™ monitor, you can reduce input latency and reduce or fully eliminate stuttering and tearing. AMD’s HD3D technology means you can get into the exciting world of 3D entertainment, as long as you are using 3D capable monitor and glasses.
What other AMD® specific technologies are available with this card?
An immersive gaming experience awaits you, with this graphics card having AMD’s LiquidVR™ technology. You will be able to use it with VR capable head-mounted displays (HDM). AMD’s TrueAudio technology is also embedded into the graphics card – games that utilise this technology will provide you with enchanting lifelike soundscapes.
How well can I overclock this graphics card?
This card is cooled with ASUS’s DirectCU III technology and three patented wing-blade 0dB fans to give you maximum air flow around the card. The fans aren’t in operation until the card reaches a certain level, leading to a near silent gaming experience till you start playing graphic intensive games. Five heat pipes are in direct contact with the card for more efficient heat dissipation. Manufactured using auto-extreme technology (a 100% automated production process) and with Super Alloy Power II components, you are provided with a card that has improved performance and longevity.
The GPU Tweak II program allows you to adjust clock speeds, voltages, fan speed and more. Overclocking can be scary for beginners but with the app you can maximise system performance at the click of a button. The program’s integration with XSplit Gamecaster means you can easily stream or record your gameplay through an in-game overlay.