• AMD® Radeon™ R9 390 chipset and has a maximum core speed of up to 1,020MHz
• 8GB of GDDR5 video memory (VRAM), which runs at 6,000MHz and gives you an amazing graphical performance for gaming at 4K
• Suitable for gaming in 1080p and 1440p resolutions on high image quality settings and at 4k resolution
• Connect a range of monitors to the graphics card with three DisplayPort, a DVI-D and HDMI ports
• Using a DisplayPort MST hub, connect up to six monitors for improved productivity and a better gaming experience, with a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160 pixels on each, 4K (UHD) supported
• AMD CrossFire™ technology support allows you to connect up to four graphics cards together for extreme performance benefits
• Full-sized card that takes up two expansion case slots – please check case and motherboard dimensions first
• DirectCU III and patented triple wing-blade 0db fans gives you a chilled and extremely quiet card
• Manufacturer part number: STRIX-R9390-DC3-8GD5-GAMING
• Virtual reality (VR) ready with AMD LiquidVR™ technology for a fascinating 360 degree gaming experience
• White pulsating LED light adds a great visual effect to any caseWhat can I expect from this graphics card?
This graphics card will allow you to play your 4K capable games on ultra HD/4K (3,840 x 2,160 pixel) resolution monitors. It will also allow you to game in high image quality settings on 1080p or 1440p resolution monitors. The card sits in the PCI Express x16 slot on your motherboard and is based off AMD’s Radeon™ R9 390 chipset. A maximum clock speed of 1,020MHz can be achieved by the graphics processing unit (GPU). In addition, with 8GB of video memory running at 6,000MHz, you can view and play at a maximum resolution of 4,096 x 2160 pixels. By utilising ASUS’s DirectCU III technology with three patented wing-blade 0dB fans, you get an almost completely silent gaming experience.
What is the performance like on this card?
Play games with high image quality settings without a problem on 1080p (1,920 x 1,080 pixel) or 1440p (2,560 x 1440 pixel) resolutions. This is thanks to the possible 1,020MHz clock speed that can be achieved by the GPU and, the 8GB of GDDR5 VRAM which runs at a speed of 6,000MHz. Gaming with 4K content on a 4K monitor is also possible, but you may need to reduce the visual (texture) settings in order to achieve the best possible gaming experience (higher frame rate). The addition of the 512-bit memory bus allows the card to render and display visual content quickly, for a smooth overall display.
What connections are there on this graphics card?
On the back of the graphics card are three DisplayPort, dual-link DVI-D and HDMI ports, which allow you to connect a multitude of monitors to the card. With AMD’s Eyefinity™ technology you can use six displays simultaneously. Non-DisplayPort connected displays are limited to two, and the other displays will need to be connected via DisplayPort. You can also game across multiple monitors and the great thing is you don’t need them to be the same resolution.
Through AMD’s FreeSync™ technology and the use of a compatible FreeSync™ monitor, you can reduce input latency and reduce or fully eliminate stuttering and tearing. AMD’s HD3D technology means you can get into the exciting world of 3D entertainment, as long as you are using 3D capable monitor and glasses.
What other AMD® specific technologies are available with this card?
An immersive gaming experience awaits you, with this graphics card having AMD’s LiquidVR™ technology. You will be able to use it with VR capable head-mounted displays (HDM). AMD’s TrueAudio technology is also embedded into the graphics card – games that utilise this technology will provide you with enchanting lifelike soundscapes.
How well can I overclock this graphics card?
This card is cooled with ASUS’s DirectCU III technology and three patented wing-blade 0dB fans to give you maximum air flow around the card. The fans aren’t in operation until the card reaches a certain level, leading to a near silent gaming experience till you start playing graphic intensive games. Five heat pipes are in direct contact with the card for more efficient heat dissipation. Manufactured using auto-extreme technology (a 100% automated production process) and with Super Alloy Power II components, you are provided with a card that has improved performance and longevity.
The GPU Tweak II program allows you to adjust clock speeds, voltages, fan speed and more. Overclocking can be scary for beginners but with the app you can maximise system performance at the click of a button. The program’s integration with XSplit Gamecaster means you can easily stream or record your gameplay through an in-game overlay.