• AMD® Radeon™ R9 390X chipset and runs at a maximum core speed of up to 1,070MHz
• 8GB of GDDR5 video memory (VRAM), which runs at 6,000MHz and gives you an amazing graphics performance for gaming at 4K
• Suitable for gaming in 1080p and 1440p resolutions on the highest image quality settings and at 4k resolution
• Supplied with three DisplayPort, a DVI-D and HDMI ports
• Using a DisplayPort MST hub, connect up to six monitors, with a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160 pixels on each, 4K (UHD) supported
• AMD CrossFire™ technology support allows you to connect up to four graphics cards together for extreme performance benefits
• Full-sized card that takes up two expansion case slots – please check case and motherboard dimensions first
• DirectCU III and patented triple wing-blade 0db fans gives you a chilled and extremely quiet card
• Manufacturer part number: STRIX-R9390X-DC3-8GD5-GAMING
• Virtual reality (VR) ready with AMD LiquidVR™ technology for a fascinating 360 degree gaming experience
• White pulsating LED light adds a great visual effectWould this card be the right choice for me?
If you’re looking to game on high image quality settings on a 1080p or 1440p monitor, then this graphics card would be a great choice for you. It slots into the PCI Express x16 slot and is designed off AMD’s Radeon™ R9 390x chipset. The graphics processing unit (GPU) is capable of running at a clock speed of up to 1,070MHz, and with 8GB of video memory you are able to watch and game at a maximum resolution of 4,096 x 2,160 pixels. ASUS’s DirectCU III cooling technology with three patented wing-blade 0dB fans are used. This means that not only are you keeping the card cool, but you are also able to game in almost complete silence.
How well does this graphics card perform?
This card’s GPU can achieve clock speeds of up to 1,070MHz and, in conjunction with the 8GB of GDDR5 video memory which operates at a speed of 6,000MHz, you are able to play games without a problem on 1080p (1,920 x 1,080 pixel) or 1440p (2,560 x 1,440 pixel) resolution. You can also play games at 4K detail, however you may have to reduce the in-game video settings for some games. In addition the 512-bit memory bus enables the card to render and display visual content quickly, for a smooth overall display.
What is the difference between the ASUS R9 390 and this?
In addition to the higher GPU clock speed found on this ASUS® R9 390X STRIX, 1070MHz compared to 1020MHz on the ASUS® R9 390 STRIX (Order Code: A46UJ). The other important difference is the amount of stream processors (shading units). This card has 2,816 shading units compared to 2,560. The higher units and clock speed results in higher performance and, as a result, higher frame rates for smoother gameplay.
What connections are there on this graphics card?
Three DisplayPort, a dual-link DVI-D and HDMI ports are located at the back of the graphics card, so you can connect a range of monitors to the card. With AMD’s Eyefinity™ technology you can use six displays simultaneously. Non-DisplayPort connected displays are limited to two, and the other displays will need to be connected via DisplayPort. You can also game across multiple monitors and the great thing is you don’t need them to be the same resolution.
An immersive gaming experience awaits you, with this graphics card having AMD’s LiquidVR™ technology. You will be able to use it with VR capable head-mounted displays (HDM). AMD’s TrueAudio technology is also embedded into the graphics card – games that utilise this technology will provide you with enchanting lifelike soundscapes.
What other AMD® specific technologies are available with this card?
An immersive gaming experience awaits you, with this graphics card having AMD’s LiquidVR™ technology. You will be able to use it with VR capable head-mounted displays (HDM). Also embedded into this graphics card is AMD’s TrueAudio technology – games that utilises this technology will provide you with enchanting lifelike soundscapes.
How well can I overclock this?
This card is cooled with ASUS’s DirectCU III technology and three patented wing-blade 0dB fans to give you maximum air flow. The fans aren’t in operation until the card reaches a certain level, leading to a near silent gaming experience till you start playing graphic intensive games. Five heat pipes are in direct contact with the card for more efficient heat dissipation. Manufactured using auto-extreme technology (a 100% automated production process) and with Super Alloy Power II components, you are provided with a card that has improved performance and longevity.
The GPU Tweak II program allows you to adjust clock speeds, voltages, fan speed and more. Overclocking can be scary for beginners but with the app you can maximise system performance at the click of a button. The program’s integration with XSplit Gamecaster means you can easily stream or record your gameplay through an in-game overlay.