• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Pascal chipset with a base clock speed of 1,506MHz or a boosted 1,708MHz
• 6GB of GDDR5 video memory (VRAM) running at 8,008MHz, which provides powerful gaming performance
• Limited to two units per customer
• Connect a range of monitors to the graphics card with two DisplayPort, two HDMI and one dual link DVI-D ports
• Full sized graphics card utilises two expansion bays – so check case and motherboard dimensions first
• ASUS Direct CU III cooling, which features three triple wing 0dB fans and direct contact heat pipes which deliver maximum airflow and cooling, with silent operation when under load
• Manufacturer part number: STRIX-GTX1060-6G-GAMING
• RGB AURA allows you to customise the LEDs on the card, choose from over 16.8 million colour options, with six lighting effects
• ASUS FanConnect lets you attach two external cooling fans for them to be controlled by the graphics card, providing targeted cooling for your system
• VR-ready HDMI ports allow you to experience immersive VR games and programs with this VR-ready card
• NVIDIA Adaptive V-Sync adjusts frame rates to match your monitor or output device for maximum playability
• NVIDIA PhysX Ready helps to bring your games to life, with realistic visual effects
• NVIDIA 3D Vision lets you set up and use multiple monitors from a single card
• ASUS software, in the form of GPU tweak II, allows you to get the most from your graphics card by boosting core GPU speeds
• Free one year XSplit Gamecaster licence for a convenient way of streaming or recording gameplay footage as well as offering a central overlay for all graphics card informationThe GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card is loaded with innovative new gaming technologies that make it the perfect choice for the latest high-definition games. Powered by NVIDIA Pascal™—the most advanced GPU architecture ever created—the GeForce GTX 1060 delivers brilliant performance that opens the door to virtual reality and beyond. #GameReady.
What can I expect from this graphics card?
Experience a quantum leap in gaming with this GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX graphics card, which is powered by NVIDIA’s new Pascal architecture. The world’s most advanced GPU architecture delivers game-changing performance, innovative technologies and immersive, next generation virtual reality (VR). The card is designed for the PCI Express 3.0 bus architecture, which is also backwards compatible. The GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX comes with ultra-fast FinFET and high-bandwidth GDDR5 technologies. This, combined with support for DirectX 12 features, gives you the fastest, smoothest, most power-efficient gaming experience.
The card is able to accommodate the latest displays, including VR, ultra-high-resolution and multiple monitors, through the power of the new Pascal architecture. It is plug-and-play compatible with leading VR headsets driven by NVIDIA VRWorks technologies – so you’ll be able to hear and feel every movement, with VRWorks audio, physics and haptics working together to deliver a truly immersive gaming experience. NVIDIA GameWorks technologies provide smooth gameplay and cinematic experiences, and through NVIDIA Ansel you can capture 360-degree in-game shots, even in VR. Perfected for gaming now and in the future, the card also supports Vulkan API and OpenGL 4.5.
What is the performance like on this card?
High capacity 6GB of GDDR5 VRAM running at 8,008MHz and GPU at 1,506MHz base clock speed, with a 1,708MHz boost, provides astonishing graphics-rendering performance. This means you can enjoy the latest games on high to maximum settings. NVIDIA GPU Boost 3.0 is embedded into the GTX 1060 STRIX, which dynamically maximises clock speeds based on workloads and allows enthusiast-class controls such as temperature target and fan controls.
How can I connect to this graphics card?
A number of displays can be connected to this graphics card, with two Display Ports, dual-link DVI-D and two HDMI ports provided. You’ll be able to futureproof yourself for higher resolution monitors in development, with support for up to 7,680 x 4,320 pixels through DisplayPort. Up to four monitors can be used at the same time, and with simultaneous multi-projection you can game without experiencing stretched viewpoints. This will improve performance in VR and improve display accuracy when using NVIDIA Surround.
NVIDIA Adaptive Vsync lets you match your monitor refresh rate to aid in removing visual stutter and providing smooth gameplay. NVIDIA GameStream lets you stream supported games to portable devices like the NVIDIA Shield.
How is this graphics card cooled?
ASUS has equipped the card with various features to ensure it is well cooled and has excellent overclocking potential. The DirectCU III features systems such as direct contact copper heatpipes, and three triple bladed 0Db fans to ensure that your card will be 30 per cent cooler. The GTX 1060 STRIX is also equipped with two 4-pin GPU-controlled headers that can be connected to system fans for targeted cooling. This is to ensure that chassis fans respond to the heat of the GPU and apply cooling when needed.
What software is included with this card?
The included GPU Tweak II software allows you to adjust clock speeds, voltages, fan speed and more. Depending on your level of experience with tuning graphics cards, you can also choose between standard or advanced modes. The program’s integration with XSplit Gamecaster means you can easily stream or record your gameplay through an in-game overlay, and a one year premium license is provided.