• NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 970 chipset with a core speed of 1,051MHz, 1,178MHz boost clock speed
• 4GB of GDDR5 video memory (VRAM) running at 7,010MHz, for excellent graphics rendering performance at 1440p
• Suitable for playing a vast majority of games on high visual settings at 1440p resolutions, without a drop in performance
• Connect a range of monitors to the graphics card with a DisplayPort, DVI-I, DVI-D and HDMI ports
• Supports up to four monitors for an immersive gaming experience, with a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160 pixels on each, 4K (UHD) supported
• Four-way SLI® support allows you to connect up to four graphics cards together for extreme performance benefits
• Full-sized card that takes up two expansion case slots, so please check your case and motherboard dimensions first
• DirectCU II and two 0dB fans give you a cool and extremely quiet card
• Manufacturer part number: STRIX-GTX970-DC2-4GD5
• Virtual reality (VR) ready so you can enjoy a fascinating 360 degree gaming experienceGet VR Ready with GeForce® GTX
GeForce® GTX™ graphics cards provide a powerful next-generation platform for the ultimate immersive virtual reality experience. Rigs and cards marked with "GeForce GTX VR Ready" ensure that your VR games will be optimized with a best-in-class GPU.
Immersive VR requires seven times the graphics processing power of traditional 3D apps and games. NVIDIA’s unique set of features—such as multi-res shading—mean you get the right level of performance, image quality, and latency to ensure your VR experience is nothing short of amazing.
What can I expect from this graphics card?
This ASUS Strix GTX 970 has all the features needed for an upgrade or for use in a completely new computer build. It slots into the PCI Express (PCIe) x16 lane on your motherboard and operates on NVIDIA’s GeForce® GTX™ 970 chipset with a base speed of 1,015MHz. You will be able to play games at high settings on almost any monitor thanks to the 4GB of GGDR5 memory used. Included are two 0db fans that allow you to enjoy gaming in silence. On top of being VR ready, this card has other features that make it a great choice for you to future proof your system for a long time.
What is the performance like on this card?
This card has 4GB of GDDR5 that runs at a clock speed of 7010MHz, which means you can turn up the visual settings in your game for a highly detailed and textured environment, so you can enjoy your game in all its glory. In addition, the memory bus of 256-bits provides you with a card that can render and display visual content quickly, for a smoother display (higher frame rates). NVIDIA® GPU Boost™ 2.0 has also been embedded into this card, automatically providing you with the highest possible performance for your game at all times.
How can I connect to this graphics card?
Supplied with a DisplayPort, DVI-I, DVI-D and HDMI port, a number of different display devices can be connected to this graphics card. When used in conjunction with a 4K ready monitor you are able to watch amazing detailing on your screen thanks to the maximum resolution supported being 4096 x 2160 pixels. Up to four monitors can be used simultaneously on this graphics card. This not only helps productivity, but can aid in setting four monitors as one single screen for an incredible gaming experience, through the use of NVIDIA® Surround™.
Support for NVIDIA 3D Vision® allows you to play games, watch movies and view pictures in 3D. NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ provides a stunning visual experience, and with a compatible monitor you can minimise display shutter and input lag.
What are some of the ASUS technologies that make up this card?
Utilising ASUS’s DirectCU II cooling technology, a 10mm heat pipe and two 8mm heat pipes are in direct contact with the graphics processing unit (GPU). This helps to transport up to 40% more heat away from the GPU. Two 0dB fans lets you enjoy games in absolute silence, with the fans only operating when the GPU reaches a set temperature, which would normally only occur in highly intensive games. This provides you with a card that runs highly cool and quiet, so you have more room to overclock this card to unlock its potential.
Is there software included to overclock this card?
GPU Tweak is supplied with this graphics card. Using this software, you can in tune your card (overclock) in real-time to push it to its limit for improved performance. Clock speeds, voltages, fan performance and more can all be edited using this interface. GPU Tweak’s integration with XSplit Gamecaster means you can easily stream or record your gameplay through an in-game overlay.