• NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 980 chipset with a core speed of 1,178MHz, 1,297MHz boost clock speed
• 4GB GDDR5 video memory (VRAM) running at 7,010MHz, for astounding graphics rendering performance at 4k resolution
• Enjoy many games on high visual settings at up to 4K resolutions
• Connect a range of monitors to the graphics card with three DisplayPort, a DVI-I and HDMI ports
• Supports four monitors simultaneously for an immersive gaming experience, with a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160 pixels on each, 4K (UHD) supported
• Four-way SLI® support allows you to connect up to four graphics cards together for extreme performance benefits
• Card that takes up two expansion case slots, so please check your case and motherboard dimensions first
• DirectCU II and patented twin wing-blade 0db fans gives you a chilled and extremely quiet card
• Manufacturer part number: STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5
• Virtual reality (VR) ready so you can enjoy a fascinating 360 degree gaming experienceGeForce® GTX™ 980 is accelerated by NVIDIA Maxwell™ architecture and features the power and advanced technologies to drive next-gen experiences like 4K and virtual reality. With advanced support for DirectX 12 and NVIDIA G-SYNC for smooth gaming, GTX 980 gives you the ultimate gaming experiences.
Ensure the best gaming with GeForce Experience™. You can now optimize game settings for your PC with a single click and automatically update Game-Ready drivers. GeForce Experience also includes NVIDIA® ShadowPlay™ that lets you capture and share your favourite gaming moments and NVIDIA GameStream™ to bring PC gaming to any NVIDIA device.
Would this card the right one for me?
If you’re looking for the ultimate upgrade for your gaming computer and want to play a wide variety of games without experiencing framerate drops, then this graphics card is the perfect choice for you. Based on NVIDIA’s GeForce® GTX™ 980 chipset, this card runs at a base clock speed of 1,178MHz and fits into the PCI Express 3.0 (PCIe 3.0) x16 slot on your motherboard. A huge 4GB of GDDR5 memory is available, providing you with the best gaming experience at a high resolution. Packed with exclusive ASUS technologies, such as DirectCU II with twin wing-blade 0db fan design for maximum air flow and quieter operation, this card is an ideal choice if you want to take your gaming experience to the next level through 4K, virtual reality, DirectX® 12 and more.
How well does this graphics card perform?
Fitted with 4GB of GDDR5 RAM memory that is running at 7,010MHz, you are able to run your games at the highest settings and watch movies in 4K resolution. A 256-bit memory bus means that this card is capable of rendering and displaying your content quickly, providing you with high frame rates – even if your game is highly texturized. Furthermore, NVIDIA® GPU Boost™ 2.0 is a feature that is embedded into the ASUS® Strix GTX 980. This feature automatically overclocks/boosts the performance of the graphics card until it hits a predetermined temperate target, providing you with the highest frame rates possible for your game.
What connections does this graphics card have?
Located at the back of the graphics card are three DisplayPort, DVI-I and HDMI ports, so that you can connect to a number of display devices. The maximum resolution supported by the graphics card is 4096 x 2160 pixels, which provides you with an outstanding amount of detail on your chosen screen. This also means that 4K resolution is supported too, as long as your monitor or other display supports it. Using NVIDIA® Surround™, you can output to four monitors simultaneously and use them all as a single display for a truly immersive gaming experience.
Support for NVIDIA 3D Vision® allows you to not only play games in 3D, but also watch movies and view pictures in 3D too. A stunning visual experience is also achieved through NVIDIA® G-SYNC™, and with a compatible monitor you can obtain scenes instantly and minimise display shutter and input lag.
How is this card cooled?
Exclusive DirectCU II cooling technology outperforms reference designs with an exclusive 10mm heatpipe that transports 40% more heat away from the GPU — a first for the industry! The design also includes 220%-larger heat-dissipation: this means performance that's 30% and three-times (3X) quieter than reference for ultra-stable hardcore gaming with very low noise. And Strix ups the ante still further with 0dB fan technology that lets you enjoy games like League of Legends® and StarCraft® in complete silence — because the fan stops completely when the GPU temperature remains below a set level.
How can I overclock this card?
Temperature is the all-important factor when considering how far you can push any component through overclocking. So with the DirectCU II technology, you can be sure to be able to push this card. Included is GPU Tweak which allows you to tweak the clocks speeds, voltages, fan performance and more for pushing your card to the limit. Overclocking can be scary for beginners but, through the application, you can maximise system performance at a click of a button as well. This is done by removing redundant process and allocating the free resources automatically to your game. The program’s integration with XSplit Gamecaster means you can easily stream or record your gameplay through an in-game overlay.