ASUS® NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 980 Ti STRIX 6GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: A40UJ
About this product
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 980Ti chipset with a core speed of 1,000MHz, 1,075MHz boost clock speed
- 6GB GDDR5 video memory (VRAM) running at 7,010MHz, for astounding graphics rendering performance at 4k resolution
- Connect a range of monitors to the graphics card with three DisplayPort, a DVI-I and HDMI ports
• NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 980Ti chipset with a core speed of 1,000MHz, 1,075MHz boost clock speed
• 6GB GDDR5 video memory (VRAM) running at 7,010MHz, for astounding graphics rendering performance at 4k resolution
• Connect a range of monitors to the graphics card with three DisplayPort, a DVI-I and HDMI ports
• Supports up to four monitors for an immersive gaming experience, with a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160 pixels on each, 4K (UHD) supported
• Four-way SLI® support allows you to connect up to four graphics cards together for extreme performance benefits
• Full-sized card that takes up two expansion case slots – please check case and motherboard dimensions first
• DirectCU III and patented triple wing-blade 0db fans gives you a chilled and extremely quiet card
• Manufacturer part number: STRIX-GTX980TI-DC3-6GD5-GAMING
• Virtual reality (VR) ready so you can enjoy a fascinating 360 degree gaming experience
• White pulsating LED light adds a great visual effect to any caseGeForce® GTX™ 980Ti GPU sets a new benchmark in gaming performance. Accelerated by NVIDIA Maxwell™ architecture with the power and advanced technologies to drive next-gen experiences like 4K and virtual reality. With advanced support for DirectX 12 and NVIDIA G-SYNC for smooth gaming, the GTX 980Ti gives you the ultimate gaming experience.
Ensure the best gaming with GeForce Experience™. Optimize game settings for your PC with a single click and automatically update Game-Ready drivers. GeForce Experience also includes NVIDIA® ShadowPlay™ that lets you capture and share your favourite gaming moments and NVIDIA GameStream™ to bring PC gaming to any NVIDIA device.
Would this card the right one for me?
If you’re looking for the ultimate upgrade for your gaming computer to play the majority of games without framerate drops, this graphics card is perfect. Based on NVIDIA’s GeForce® GTX™ 980Ti chipset, with a base clock speed of 1,000MHz and slots into a PCI Express 3.0 (PCIe 3.0) x16 slot. A huge 6GB of GDDR5 memory is available, for a smooth gaming experience at a high resolution. Packed with exclusive ASUS technologies such as DirectCU III and triple wing-blade 0db fan design for maximum air flow and quieter operation. This GPU will take your gaming experience to the next level with 4K UHD resolutions, virtual reality, DirectX® 12 and more.
How well does this graphics card perform?
A gigantic 6GB of GDDR5 RAM memory running at 7,010MHz allows you to run your games at the highest settings. A 384-bit memory bus means that this card is capable of rendering and displaying your content quickly at high frame rates – even with the most demanding games. NVIDIA® GPU Boost™ 2.0 is embedded into the ASUS Strix GTX 980Ti ASUS® Strix GTX 980Ti, automatically overclocking and boosting performance, to provide you with the highest frame rates possible for your game.
What connections does this graphics card have?
There are three DisplayPort, DVI-I and HDMI ports for connecting to a number of display devices. The max resolution supported is 4096 x 2160 pixels or 4K Ultra-HD, for an outstanding amount of detail on your chosen screen. NVIDIA® Surround™ can output to four monitors simultaneously and you can use the monitors as a single display for a truly immersive gaming experience.
Support for NVIDIA 3D Vision® allows you to play games, watch movies and view pictures in 3D. NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ provides a stunning visual experience, and with a compatible monitor you can minimise display shutter and input lag.
How has ASUS made this different from the reference card?
In order to keep the graphics card as cool as possible, ASUS® has fitted this graphics card with DirectCU III technology – which features two exclusive 10mm heat pipes and three 8mm heat pipes. These have direct contact with the GPU (graphics processing unit), transporting 40% more heat away. ASUS’s patented wing-blade 0dB fan design is used so that you can enjoy complete silence when gaming, with the fan turning on only when under heavy load (temperature is above 65°C).
This card is manufactured with Auto-Extreme technology, a 100% automated production process, and with the use of Super Alloy Power II components. This improves performance, longevity, efficiency, and minimises dust build up. A backplate prevents the PCB from bending over time and also protects the card against static and other damage during installation.
How can I overclock this card?
Temperature is the all-important factor when considering how far you can push any component through overclocking. DirectCU III and patented wing-blades keep the card 30% cooler so you can push the limits of performance. The GPU Tweak II program allows you to adjust clock speeds, voltages, fan speed and more. Overclocking can be scary for beginners but with the app you can maximise system performance at the click of a button. The program’s integration with XSplit Gamecaster means you can easily stream or record your gameplay through an in-game overlay.
PCI Express 3.0
Number Of DVI Outputs:
Number Of Display Port Outputs:
Max Number Of Displays Supported:
Number Of Filled Slots:
Number Of HDMI Outputs:
NVIDIA GeForce® GTX™ 980 Ti
Video Memory Type:
Video Memory Capacity:
4096 x 2160
Virtual Reality Ready:
Minimum Power Supply:
Engine Clock Base:
Engine Clock Boost:
Memory Clock Speed:
Dimensions & Weight
Dimensions & Weightkeyboard_arrow_down
System Requirements & Software
System Requirements & Softwarekeyboard_arrow_down
ASUS GPU Tweak II & Driver
DirectX Version Support:
OpenGL Version Support: