• NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 960 chipset with a factory overclocked core speed of 1,228MHz, 1,317MHz boost clock speed
• 2GB of GGDR5 video memory (VRAM) running at 7200MHz, for excellent graphics rendering performance at 1080p
• Suitable for playing most games at 1080p and the highest settings without a drop in performance
• Connect a range of monitors to the graphics card with three DisplayPort, a DVI-I and HDMI ports supplied
• Supports four monitors simultaneously for an immersive gaming experience, with a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160 pixels on each, 4K (UHD) supported
• Two-way SLI® support allows you to connect another graphics card for a performance boost
• Full-sized card that takes up two expansion case slots, so please check your case and motherboard dimensions first
• DirectCU II and two 0dB fans give you a cool and extremely quiet card
• Manufacturer part number: STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5Will this be the right graphics card for me?
Providing you with a good balance between price and performance, this card is great for anyone looking to play games on high texture settings and a 1080p display. This great performance is in part due to the built-in 2GB of GDDR5 memory. The card simply slots into the PCI Express (PCIe) x16 lane on your motherboard and is based on NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 960 chipset, with the base clock speed of the graphics processing unit (GPU) running at 1,228MHz. Cooled through ASUS’s DirectCU II technology and two 0dB fans, you’ll get a near silent gaming experience, with the fans only becoming noticeable when under heavy gaming.
What performance can I expect from this graphics card?
2GB of GDDR5 video memory is built into the graphics card and operates at a overclocked speed of 7200MHz, giving you the ability to enjoy most modern games at high visual (texture) settings and resolution of 1080p. Although the card’s GPU has a base clock speed of 1,128MHz, this can be boosted automatically through the use of NVIDIA’s GPU Boost™ 2.0 technology – giving you improved performance. As long as the card is operating below its pre-determined temperature, the technology will boost the card, to give you the highest performance and frame rates possible for each game. To improve performance even further you can add another ASUS® STRIX GTX 960 to your computer system through the use of two-way SLI®.
What connections are there on this graphics card?
A plethora of monitors can be connected to this card, it has three DisplayPort, a DVI-I and HDMI connections. You can even connect this to a VGA only monitor, with the supplied DVI-I to VGA adapter. Be entertained by the world of 4K resolution, as the maximum resolution is 4096 x 2160 pixels – which will give great detail when used with a 4K ready monitor. Using NVIDIA® Surround™, you can plug in up to four monitors and play, watch or work on them all simultaneously. This helps to improve productivity and by using all the monitors as one singular screen, offers an incredible gaming experience.
You can also game, watch movies and view pictures in 3D through the support of NVIDIA 3D Vision® on your computer. Another exciting feature is NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ which, when used with a compatible monitor, outputs scenes instantly by synchronising the monitor’s refresh rate with this graphics card. This minimises display shutter and input lag, giving you smooth gameplay and a competitive advantage.
How does is this graphics card cooled?
Fitted with ASUS’s DirectCU II cooling technology, four 10mm heat pipes are in direct contact with the GPU and the overall area of the heatsink is made 220% larger than the reference design. This leads to more heat being transported away from the core and more efficient heat dissipation. Two 0dB fans are used, which do not spin when under light loads – provided the card doesn’t reach a set temperature. This provides you with a quiet gaming experience, where audible noise is only noticed when your computer is in graphic-intensive situation. Additionally, a back plate gives the card protection when being installed and also lowers the PCB temperature.
What software is included?
GPU Tweak is included with the graphics card, which gives you the chance to use the intuitive interface to modify the performance (overclock) of your card in real-time. Clock speeds, voltages, fan performance and more can all be modified. Since temperature is the important factor in how far you can push your card, the cooling technology and back plate used will go a long way in enhancing the overall potential performance of your card. The program’s integration with XSplit Gamecaster means you can easily stream or record your gameplay through an in-game overlay.