ASUS Prime Z270M-Plus LGA 1151 DDR4 3866MHz mATX Gaming Motherboard
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: A98WZ
About this product
- LGA 1151 socket with support for the seventh generation ‘Kaby Lake’ and sixth generation ‘Skylake’ i3/i5/i7/Pentium and Celeron processors
- Intel Z270 Chipset offers increased board bandwidth with improved support for USB and PCIe connections
- 5X protection system for your mainboard and installed components, which safeguards every aspect during extreme overclocking
• LGA 1151 socket with support for the seventh generation ‘Kaby Lake’ and sixth generation ‘Skylake’ i3/i5/i7/Pentium and Celeron processors
• Intel Z270 Chipset offers increased board bandwidth with improved support for USB and PCIe connections
• 5X protection system for your mainboard and installed components, which safeguards every aspect during extreme overclocking
• mATX profile gives you an ideal base for a compact, high performance computer system
• Support across four DIMM slots for 64GB of DDR 4 memory with speeds of up to an overclocked 3,866MHz with XMP support
• 10/100/1000 Intel I219V Ethernet controller with LANGuard and GameFirst IV for a faster network connection
• Ready for 2-way CrossfireX multi GPU configurations
• Expand your system with: 1x PCIe 3.0 x16, 1xPCIe 3.0 x16(max x4 mode) and 2xPCIe 3.0 x1 slots
• Install a number of internal storage devices or optical drives using: 4x SATA III 6Gbps or 2x M.2 solid state drive slots
• Utilise 1x USB 5Gbps 2x USB 3.0 and 2x USB 2.0 for external I/O devices
• Integrated on-board Intel graphics with HDMI output and audio supplied by a Realtek ALC887 high definition CODEC
• UFEI AMI BIOS offers an easy to use GUI for configuring and monitoring your system
• Arctic white heatsink with an angular design, give your system a custom look
• Manufacturer model number: 90MB0S50-M0EAY0
• Three year warrantyIt’s Prime time
ASUS has specifically designed the Prime series of motherboards for the aspiring PC tweaker or modder. The board uses a tough, durable construction made using with premium components. Don’t be fooled by the mATX profile of the Z270M-Plus, this compact board is able to handle even the fiercest of overclocks. Integrated into the board is the ASUS 5X protection – which combines Safeslot core design, surge protected networking and overvoltage protection. This motherboard also offers stable power management and a durable stainless steel back-plate. All of these features let you push your built computer to its limits without compromising system stability. Each board has a total of 8,000+ validation hours, where every aspect of the board design is stress tested for performance, and compatibility with a multitude of different computer components. The Prime series of motherboards is easily identifiable by their bright white heatsinks.
Fast, efficient memory and storage
The ASUS Prime Z270M-Plus uses extremely fast DDR4 memory to give you excellent multi-tasking potential. The board is able to handle up to 64GB of this extremely fast memory type up to overclocked speeds of 3,866MHz. The four DIMM slots utilise third-generation T-Topology to let you accelerate your memory to higher speeds. The motherboard fully supports Intel XMP profiling to automatically boost your system in times of heavy load.
Also featured is support to use twin M.2 solid state storage cards, which offer you blisteringly fast 32Gbps transfer rates. That’s nearly five times faster than conventional SATA III ports.
Cool under pressure
The ASUS Prime Z280M-Plus uses a combination of dedicated thermal monitors with support for PWM fans to efficiently deliver optimal cooling across your system. Smart protection acts as a barrier for your components, giving your system voltage and temperature protection. The acclaimed ASUS UEFI BIOS uses Fan Expert 3, which lets you control and monitor your system for targeted cooling.
Next generation connectivity
ASUS feature a broad range USB connections on the PRIME Z270M-Plus, with USB 2.0 and 3.0 featured on the rear I/O panel and extra headers for internal connections. ASUS have now also included the reversible USB type C connection to give the board compatibility for future cabling options.
An Intel Gigabit Ethernet port uses LANGuard protection to give you better connections across a wired network with improved communication with LAN routers and switches. The LANGuard also protects your system board form any electrical surges that could potentially damage your system components.
Software expertise offered by ASUS
Once your system is up and running, ASUS give you the tools so you can make sure your computer is running as fast and efficiently as possible. With the ASUS AI Suite 3 you can control overclocking, monitor system energy usage, adjust fan speeds and update mainboard driver updates. You can also control any onboard lighting your motherboard may use.
Seventh generation Intel processors are only supported by this motherboard in a Windows 10 environment. Windows 8.1 and 7 are only supported while using a sixth generation Intel processor.
External I/O Ports:
1 x PS/2 keyboard (purple)
1 x PS/2 mouse (green)
1 x DVI-D
1 x D-Sub
1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
1 x USB 5Gb/s port(s) Type-C ( support 3A power output )
2 x USB 3.0 (blue) Type-A
2 x USB 2.0
1 x 8-channel Audio I/O
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode)
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode)
2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
Intel LGA 1151
Maximum Supported RAM:
Dimensions & Weight
Dimensions & Weightkeyboard_arrow_down
2 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x M.2 Screw Package
1 x SCD
Supported RAM Speeds:
DDR4 3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz
Number Of RAM Slots: