ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula Intel Z270 DDR4 ATX Gaming Motherboard
• Maximus IX series motherboard featuring the LGA1151 socket for sixth and seventh generation Intel i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron processors
• Built on the Z270 chipset to allow for greater stability and system bandwidth
• Dedicated watercooling zones, with increased support for custom water cooling loops using CrossChill EK II
• Four DDR4 slots allows for up to 64GB of memory at speeds of 4133 MHz and above
• Full sized ATX mainboard gives you increased upgrade potential when used in full sized ATX PC cases
• Expansion slots: 3x PCIe 3.0 x16, 3x PCIe 3.0 x1, 1x 22110 M.2 and 2280 M.2 support
• Support for twin SLI or triple Crossfire GPU configurations
• Expand optical or storage devices using: 6xSATA III 6Gbps ports or use the Thunderbolt header to install this port type into your case
• 2x USB 3.1, 6x USB 3.0 (including headers) and 6x USB 2.0 (including headers) s allow for connecting internal and external I/O devices
• On board audio supplied by SupremeFX audio codec
• Built in 2x2 MU-MIMO 11AC Wi-Fi and Gigabit Ethernet with LAN guard give you network connectivity options
• Twin AURA RGB strip headers let you install an AURA lighting system into your case and control directly from your motherboard
• ROG armour with laser etching and full sized back-plate gives your system a customised premium look and aids in system cooling
• 3D Printable fan guards, cable management and SLI bridge cove let you fully ROG your system
• Manufacturer part number: 90MB0RX0-M0EAY0
• Three year manufacturer warrantyUltimate cooling for your motherboard
The ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula motherboard increases your cooling by integrating CrossChill EK II directly on to the board. This allows you to work a water cooling system directly onto your motherboard for lower system temperatures when under load. Extra water cooling zones have built in sensors to give you all the information you’ll need to monitor your system temperatures, whether you’re running a ran setup or a water pump.
The Maximus IX formula features the acclaimed ASUS 5-Way optimisation system and UEFI BIOS to help you monitor and manage your system so you can ensure your running optimally at all times
Co-ordinate your system
The Maximus XI Formula integrates the Asus AURA lighting features directly into the board. System LEDs can be set to a number of lighting profiles for a display of light and colour. Expand this feature into your case by using twin RGB LED strip headers and synchronise your colour scheme across your gaming setup.
Crystal clear audio direct from your board
Another addition to the ASUS Maximus IX Formula is the innovative Supreme FX audio chipset. This has been tuned and tweaked to deliver the best possible sound, whether you are in game, watching a movie or just listening to music. This motherboard also offers 7.1 channel audio playback from the rear panel for complete immersion. The SupremeFX s1220 codec also gives you 10 simultaneous DAC channels and multi-stream stereo for your front panel outputs.
The OC design of the Maximus Formula IX unlocks the potential of your seventh generation Intel processors using sophisticated ASUS technology. This board’s ASUS Pro Clock feature effectively handles CPU voltage and overclocking control to boost the performance of your system to new heights. You’ll experience faster load times and improved stability for your system should you wish to overclock your processor.
The ASUS Maximus iX Formula has been fitted with ROG styled ABS armour, which aids in blocking any heat from outside sources from affecting your motherboard components. A solid steel backplate strengthens your motherboard to prevent the board from flexing when installed.
A pre-installed I/O shield offers improved protection from electrostatic discharge of up to 12kV and streamlines the board when installed. Multi-function Q-LED indicators highlight any potential problems, so you can fix any faulty components quickly. ASUS SafeSlot reinforces the PCIe ports to ensure your graphics cards are seated securely to your system.
ASUS system software
ASUS include a variety of software applications to optimise your computer setup. You can use programs such as: AI suite 3, ROG CPU-Z ROG Keybot II ROG Ramcache II and ROG Clone Drive, Mem Tweak kit, RAM Disk and PC Cleaner to get the most from your system.
What operating systems is this motherboard compatible with?
The ASUS Maximus IX Formula motherboard is compatible with Windows 10 64-bit operating systems running a seventh generation Intel Processor. However, Windows 8.1 and 7 32/64 bit operating systems are only supported when using a sixth generation Intel processor.
802.11 AC MU-MIMO
|External I/O Ports
1 x DisplayPort
1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
1 x USB 3.1 (red)Type-A
1 x USB 3.1 (black)Type-C
4 x USB 3.0 (blue)
4 x USB 2.0
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
5 x Audio jack(s)
1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
2 x Wi-Fi antenna port(s)
1 x USB BIOS Flashback Button(s)
2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x4 mode)
3 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
Intel LGA 1151
|Maximum Supported RAM
Dimensions & Weight
|Supported RAM Speeds
DDR4 4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz
|Number Of RAM Slots
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.