ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero Intel LGA1151 Z270 ATX DDR4 4133MHz Gaming Motherboard
• Socket LGA 1151 for seventh or sixth generation Intel i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron processors
• Intel Z270 Chipset offers increased memory performance with faster PCIe lanes and increased USB functions
• Four DIMM slots allow for a maximum of 64GB of DDR4 4,133MHz memory with XMP support
• Full-sized ATX motherboard gives you increased upgrade potential when used with full sized tower cases
• Expand your system using: 2x PCIe 3.0 x16, 1x PCIe 3.0 x4 and 3x PCIe 3.0 x1 slots
• Two-way SLI or three-way Crossfire Multi-GPU ready
• Install optical or storage devices using: 6x SATA III 6gbps with support for raid 0/1/5/10 or Twin M.2 socket 3
• 1x USB 3.1 front panel connector port, Type A and C USB 3.1 ports, 6x USB 3.0 ports and 6x USB 2.0 ports allow for multiple I/O devices
• On board 7.1 channel audio powered by the SupremeFX S1220 codec
• 10/100/1000 Intel l219V Ethernet with anti-surge LAN guard
• 5-way optimisation combines multiple tuning applications with a single click
• Innovative heatsink has been designed for optimal heat dissipation
• Integrated controls for monitoring of your water cooling loop
• Aura lighting controls with twin 4pin LED strip headers
• Support for 3D printable covers, nameplates and fan holders
• Manufacturer model number: 90MB0S10-M0EAY0
• Three-year warrantyMaximum performance
Under the hood of the ASUS Maximus IX Hero motherboard you will find an array of durable, high performance components working to push system limits for PC gamers and enthusiasts. Built upon the Intel Z270 chipset, you can enjoy a host of features like increased memory speeds, multiple super-speed USB ports and increased PCie controllers, which offer you faster graphics and support for the highspeed M.2 storage solutions. The LGA 1151 socket is able to accommodate the latest Intel seventh generation ‘Kaby-Lake’ processors as well as support sixth generation i3/i5/i7/Pentium and Celeron processors.
Push your system further
For the overclockers out there, the ASUS Maximus IX Hero features ASUS Pro Clock technology, which has been created with the seventh generation Intel processors in mind. This allows you to push your processor harder for faster load times with increased stability, all without compromising your system performance. Five-way optimisation also lets you use a combination of features to increase performance at a single click of a button.
Cool and quiet
The Maximus IX Hero has been designed to keep your system cool when pushing the limits, with a perforated heatsink design which allows for optimal heat dissipation. Control and monitor system fan speeds by using multiple on-board sensors to highlight areas of high temperature and adjust them using the ROG Xpert 3 fan utility. If you would like to explore water cooling solutions, the Maximus IX Hero has a dedicated ROG water cooling zone which allows you to monitor flow rates and system temperatures of any installed water cooling loops.
Lighting just the way you want it
The Maximus IX Hero has incorporated Aura lighting directly into the board, which will make your system really stand out when used with a windowed case. Choose from multiple lighting effects and millions of colours to perfectly give your motherboard a lighting scheme that’s unique to you. Twin 4-pin headers are also featured to let you add case lighting strips into the mix (sold separately) for lighting synchronisation across your whole system build.
Crystal clear audio direct from your board
The innovative Supreme FX audio chipset is another addition to the ASUS Maximus IX Hero gaming motherboard. This has been tuned and tweaked to deliver the best possible sound for games, movies or even just music. With 7.1- channel audio playback from the rear panel, you’ll get complete immersion. The SupremeFX S1220 codec also gives you 10 simultaneous DAC channels and multi stream stereo for your front panel outputs.
Asus system software
ASUS include a variety of software applications to give your system the edge, including programs such as: AI suite 3, ROG CPU-Z ROG Keybot II ROG Ramcache II and ROG Clone Drive, Mem Tweak kit, RAM Disk and PC Cleaner to ensure your machine runs smoothly.
What operating systems is this motherboard compatible with?
The Maximus IX Hero motherboard is compatible with Windows 10 64-bit operating systems when running a seventh generation Intel Processor. However, Windows 8.1 and 7 32/64 bit operating systems are only supported with this board when using a sixth generation Intel processor.
2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16
3 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
Intel LGA 1151
|Maximum Supported RAM
Dimensions & Weight
|Supported RAM Speeds
DDR4 4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133(O.C.) MHz
|Number Of RAM Slots
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.