• Improve existing Wi-Fi coverage and eliminate any signal dead zones or Wi-Fi dead spots in your home
• Simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5GHz signals provide you with maximum range on 2.4GHz and performance on 5GHz
• Combined wireless transfer speeds of up to 1900Mbps (up to 600Mbps on 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps on 5GHz)
• Five Gigabit Ethernet ports lets you connect wired-only devices to your network
• Smart LED signal indicator helps you find the best location for optimal performance
• Wi-Fi protected setup (WPS) allows you to pair the range extender with any WPS enabled router at the push of a button
• Manufacturer part number: RP-AC68U
• Access point mode allows you to expand or create a new Wi-Fi network
• ASUS ExpressWay uses full-speed device connections to boost performanceWhy do I need this range extender?
This ASUS RP-AC68U will let you extend your existing Wi-Fi network with speeds of up to 1900Mbps using the 802.11ac networking protocol. It is a dual-band repeater, with a 3x4 (MIMO) internal antenna array that delivers Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1300Mbps on the 5GHz frequency band and up to 600Mbps on the 2.4GHz. Blindingly fast speeds that will be emitted to every corner of the home – even to those difficult, hard-to-reach spots. This ensures you get reliable high-speed internet coverage everywhere for devices such as laptops, tablets, smartphones, game consoles and smart TVs.
Utilising the dual-band capability of the RP-AC68U, ASUS ExpressWay creates a super-efficient connection with improved performance and reliability. With a device or router that supports 5GHz operation, ExpressWay can dedicate one band for connecting to the router and the other for connecting to the device, a great performance boost for data-intensive tasks such as HD video streaming or gaming. Additionally, enabling Roaming assist on a compatible ASUS router will mean your device will automatically connect to the strongest Wi-Fi signal, whether it’s from the router or the repeater. This ensures that you always get the most reliable connection wherever you are in the house.
Can I use this range extender for wired only devices?
Five Gigabit Ethernet ports allow you to connect any devices that lack Wi-Fi capabilities to your network wirelessly, such as multimedia players, game consoles and PCs. Under this Media Bridge mode (which can be used at the same time as repeater mode), the extender acts as a wireless bridge for your wired only devices.
What is the USB port used for?
Connect a USB storage device to the USB 3.0 port and with ASUS AiCloud turn the RP-AC68U into a personal cloud, for access and streaming content anywhere. The accompanying AiCloud app is free for iOS and Android devices and works with the RP-AC68U to give you the ultimate mobile flexibility.
Are there any other features?
You can also use the RP-AC68U as an access point (AP), which creates an additional Wi-Fi hotspot in your home. To do this you will need to connect it directly to your existing router, which will add a fast and stable 5GHz network to a single band 2.4GHz router, upgrading it to speeds of up to 1300Mbps for ultra-smooth online gaming, 4K UHD video streaming and downloading. For an existing 5GHz network, it will add an extra 5GHz network for connecting even more devices. Since it is connected directly to your router, you’ll benefit with better transfer speeds and bandwidths.
How easy is it to set up?
A number of ways are available for installing the RP-AC68U – WPS, computer, laptop, laptop or smartphone. WPS allows you to set the repeater up with a compatible router at the touch of the WPS button, making set up very quick. For best results, the repeater should be placed where there is a strong wireless signal, which can be checked using the single strength indicator on the back panel.