• WAN cable (RJ45) connection enables you to attach this router to an external modem, or extend your network from a pre-existing router
• New standard in wireless signal, 802.11AC allows up to 3200Mbps wireless bandwidth
• Simultaneous 600Mbps 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps 5GHz and 1300Mbps 5GHz tri-band optimises your network by assigning devices to bands based on speed, connection strength and band availability
• Four 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet connections provide maximum transfer speeds across your wired network
• Twin USB ports allow you to attach a printer or external storage to your network
• 3G/4G data sharing allows you to attach a USB mobile dongle to enable you to access the internet via a mobile network
• ASUSWRT graphical interface provides set up, control and management of your network applications
• Allows set up of wireless networks for visitor use, safeguarding your passwords and network resources
• MU-MIMO (Multi-User MIMO) compatible – simultaneous streaming to mobile devices, helping to improve speeds when multiple wireless users are communicating with the routerWhat can expect from this router?
Suitable for very large homes or office networks, the ASUS RT-3200 cable router will provide a base for a very fast, capable network. Designed with high network usage in mind, you are given access to a total of 3200Mbps wireless bandwidth and uninterrupted gigabit wired connections.
What wireless capabilities am I given with this router?
A total of six external aerials with beamforming will distribute a stable directed tri-band signal between devices. Comprising of one 600Mbps 2.4GHz signal for everyday network applications such as web browsing and e-mail. As well as two 1300Mbps 5GHz bands for devices and applications that require high network usage, for example online gaming or streaming high definition media. Wireless usage is handled by the router automatically, identifying the speed of the device’s connection, signal strength and bandwidth traffic and allocating the appropriate 2.4GHz or 5GHz band. WPS encryption enables you to pair wireless items with the router at the press of a button.
What wired connections can I expect with this router?
A WAN cable (RJ45) connection allows you to attach this router directly to your modem. You can also use it with a pre-existing router/modem to extend the capabilities of your network. Four 10/100/1000 gigabit wired ports provide a quick uninterruptable connection point for devices that require high network usage but lack wireless capabilities, such as game consoles or smart televisions. A USB 2.0 port is provided to allow connection to a printer which can be shared across your network. A USB 3.0 port which runs up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0 is also supplied, this allows an external storage device to be attached to the router. This storage device can be accessed across your local network or via FTP and media stored on the drive can be streamed across your network thanks to the built-in enhanced media server. Additionally you are able to attach a USB 3G or 4G dongle and share its internet connection, keeping you connected to the internet during any network outages.
What management functions does this router provide?
Included with this router is ASUSWRT, a web based graphical user interface which allows you to quickly set up and manage your network.
This includes allocating bandwidth across devices, setting parental controls and creating guest Wi-Fi access points. Because the application is web based you can keep an eye on your network and manage it remotely from a portable device.