• Broadcom NitroQAM technology boosts two 5GHz data rates up to 4334Mbps, and 2.4GHz rates up to 1000Mbps
• Tri-Band, capable of connecting multiple devices at the same time
• Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN ports and one 10/100/1000 WAN port to connect wired devices
• RT-AC5300's top-of-the-line 1.4GHz dual-core processor, 100MB/s USB data transfer and 1800Mbps router download/upload speed
• The USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports allow you to use the router as a media server
• Control your network anywhere with the ASUS Router App for iOS and AndroidSpecial Features
• Prioritise your gaming, boost your gaming bandwidth with Adaptive QoS (Quality of Service)
• Tri-Band Smart Connect automatically selects the fastest of the three available frequency bands for each device, based on the device's speed, signal strength and how busy each band is
• 4x4 antenna design with AiRadar universal beamforming for unbeatable wireless signal coverage
• Set up a guest Wi-Fi network and keep it separate from the main home network
• MU-MIMO compatible, allowing multiple users to simultaneously access the same bandwidth
What does this router provide?
The ASUS RT-AC5300 boosts your wireless network to the next level. The latest NitroQAM technology boosts Wi-Fi speeds for every device on your busy network. With the widest-ever Wi-Fi coverage, tri-band Smart Connect, enterprise-level link aggregation, revolutionary MU-MIMO and total security, RT-AC5300 is a well-rounded, top-of-the-line router. You can prioritise your games by boosting your dedicated gaming bandwidth with Adaptive QoS (Quality of Service). You can even assign a full dedicated bandwidth to your games with 'gamer solo' mode, making it perfect for low latency gaming. Set up a guest Wi-Fi network, which is separate from the main home network, for when friends and family come to stay and you don't want them to be using your home network.
What can I expect from the wireless connections of this router?
The RT-AC5300 ASUS Router is a powerful, ultra-fast 802.11ac Wi-Fi router with a combined tri-band data of 5334Mbps. This makes it ideal for low latency online gaming, smooth 4K streaming and extremely fast file-sharing. With two 5GHz bands with data rates of up to 4334Mbps and a 2.4GHz band of up to 1000Mbps, you can have multiple people streaming high data-consuming content at the same time. The RT-AC5300 comes equipped with 512MB of RAM and 128MB Flash, which work side-by-side with the 1.4GHz CPU to move movies, music and other large files faster. With double the memory of most routers - these data transfer speeds allow you to do more, faster. With the Tri-Band Smart Connect feature, the router automatically selects the fastest of the three available frequency bands for every device - depending on the device's speed, signal strength and how busy each band is. This helps prevent slow data transfer and connectivity between your device and the router.
What wired connections are available on this router?
With four Gigabit LAN ports, you can connect up to four Ethernet-compatible devices simultaneously. Non-Wi-Fi devices like Smart TVs, game consoles, set-top boxes, media players, NAS storage devices etc. can now have their own exclusive dedicated ports. This helps make your RT-AC5300 your digital home hub. These ports can be used to provide a stable transfer of data between devices that do not have the ability to connect to your wireless network.
You can use the USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports to connect USB-enabled devices, such as external storage drives, printers and 3G/4G dongles, to your ASUS router and share them with other users via Wi-Fi - thereby creating a media server.
What network management can I use with this router?
You can control your network from anywhere with the ASUS Router App. This new app is both intuitive and robust, allowing you to set up your router, manage network traffic, diagnose connection issues and even update firmware, all without needing to boot up a PC.