• WAN Cable (RJ45) connection enables you to attach this router to an external modem, or extend your network from a pre-existing router
• New standard in wireless signal, 802.11AC allows up to 1750Mbps wireless bandwidth
• Simultaneous 450Mbps 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps 5GHz bands provide network optimisation by allowing supported devices to run on the 5GHz band
• Four 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet connections provide maximum transfer speeds for your wired network
• Twin USB ports allow you to attach printers or external storage to your network
• 3G data sharing allows you to attach a USB mobile dongle to enable you to access the internet via a mobile network
• ASUSWRT graphical interface provides set up, control and management of your network devices
• Quality of Service (QoS) allows you to prioritise bandwidth for any network taskWhat can I expect from this cable router?
Suitable for medium to large network environments, you are provided with an easy to set up, fast network solution. Generous bandwidth allows multiple users to browse the web, access e-mail and stream content simultaneously, whilst gigabit Ethernet ports provide fast network access for devices that lack wireless functionality.
What can I expect from the wireless connection of this router?
Three detachable antennas with beamforming can create directed wireless signals between devices, offering you a more stable connection wherever you are in your home or office. A 450Mbps 2.4GHz band will manage basic everyday network applications such as e-mail or web browsing. The 1300Mbps 5GHz band will handle tasks which require more bandwidth, such as low latency online gaming or streaming high definition media without buffering. WPS encryption lets you pair wireless devices with the router at the push of a button and guest wireless access can be configured to allow visitors to use the Internet, but denying them access to your main network and any connected devices.
What wired connections are on this router?
One cable (RJ45) WAN port allows connection to a standalone modem or you can attach the router to a pre-existing router to extend your home or office network. Four gigabit Ethernet ports will provide you with fast, uninterruptable network access for any devices that lack the ability to use a wireless network, such as personal computers, smart televisions or video game consoles. Shared printer functions and external storage can be attached to your network via the twin USB ports. Additionally you are able to attach a USB 3G dongle and share its internet connection, keeping you connected to the internet during any network outages.
What network management is available with this router?
ASUSWRT provides you with a graphical user interface so you can view a map of your network via a web based program. This allows you to view ASUSWRT on portable devices and use Quality of Service (QoS) to allocate and prioritise network bandwidth. Create profiles to prevent users from visiting listed websites, keeping your family or office network safe from potentially malicious content.