• WAN cable (RJ45) connection enables you to attach this router to an external modem, or extend your network from a pre-existing router
• New standard in wireless signal, 802.11AC allows up to 2400Mbps wireless bandwidth
• Simultaneous 600Mbps 2.4GHz and 1734Mbps 5GHz bands provide network optimisation by allowing supported devices to run at the higher frequency
• Four 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet ports give you maximum transfer speeds across your wired network
• Twin USB ports let you attach external storage to the router, this enables you to back up your network to one location
• 3G/4G data sharing allows you to attach a USB mobile dongle to enable you to access the internet via a mobile network
• ASUSWRT graphical interface provides set up, control and management of your network applications
• Allows set up of wireless networks for visitor use, safeguarding your passwords and network resources
• MU-MIMO (Multi-User MIMO) compatible – simultaneous streaming to mobile devices, helping to improve speeds when multiple wireless users are communicating with the routerWhat can I expect from this cable router?
Suited to large homes or offices, the RT-AC87U from ASUS provides fast, stable network access for multiple connections. High wireless bandwidth and fast gigabit network connections provide a stable platform on which to build your network.
What can I expect from this router’s wireless connection?
Four external dual-band antennas transmit 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless frequencies throughout your office or home. Beamforming technology will allow a stable directed connection to your devices. This router can comfortably manage wireless gaming and file transfers due to the large 2400Mbps bandwidth. Multiple users are able to connect wirelessly without degradation in speeds, due to multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology allocating an antenna to each user. WPS encryption allows you to pair devices to your router at the push of a button
What can I expect from this router’s wired connections?
The WAN cable (RJ45) connection allows you to attach this router directly into your modem to give your network fast wireless connections and four 10/100/1000 gigabit connections. This gives you direct, uninterruptable access to your network for wired devices such as games consoles and smart televisions. A USB 2.0 port allows you to attach a printer which can then be used across your local network. A USB 3.0 port is perfect for external storage drives which can be accessed across your network via FTP and a built-in media server. Additionally you are able to attach a USB 3G or 4G dongle and share its internet connection, keeping you connected to the internet during any network outages
What management functions does this router provide?
Included with this router is ASUSWRT, a web based graphical user interface which allows you to quickly set up and manage your network.
This includes allocating bandwidth across devices, setting parental controls and creating guest Wi-Fi access points. The application is web based so you can keep an eye on your network from a portable device.