• Broadcom NitroQAM technology boosts 5GHz data rates up to 2167Mbps, and 2.4GHz up to 1000Mbps
• Dual-band, capable of connecting multiple devices at the same time
• Eight 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN ports and 10/100/1000 WAN port to connect wired devices
• RT-AC88U's 1.4GHz dual-core processor improves USB and WAN/LAN speed
• The USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports allow you to use the router as a media server
• Control your network anywhere with the ASUS Router App for iOS and AndroidSpecial Features
• Prioritise your gaming and boost your gaming bandwidth with Adaptive QoS (Quality of Service)
• Parental Controls let you manage your family's web activity and ensure a safe environment for younger users
• Set up a guest Wi-Fi network and keep it separate from the main home network
• 4x4 antenna design with AiRadar universal beamforming for unbeatable wireless signal coverage
• MU-MIMO compatible. allowing multiple users to simultaneously access the same bandwidth
What can I expect from the wireless connections of this router?
The RT-AC88U ASUS Router is a powerful, ultra-fast 802.11ac Wi-Fi router with a dual-band Wi-Fi speed of 3100Mbps. This makes it ideal for low latency online gaming, smooth 4K streaming and extremely fast file-sharing. With the 5GHz band with a data rate of up to 2167Mbps and a 2.4GHz band of up to 1000Mbps, you can have multiple people streaming high data-consuming content at the same time. The MU-MIMO feature gives every compatible device its own dedicated full-speed Wi-Fi connection, so that multiple devices can connect at the same time without slowing down the network. RT-AC88U connects to multiple MU-MIMO compatible clients at each device's maximum speed simultaneously.
What sized processor comes with the RT-AC88U and RAM?
The RT-AC88U comes equipped with 512MB of RAM and 128MB Flash, which works side-by-side with the 1.4GHz CPU to move movies, music and other large files. USB data transfer enjoy up to over 100Mbps speed and the router download/upload speed (WAN-LAN throughput) up to 1800Mbps. With double the memory of most routers - these data transfer speeds allows you to do more, faster.
What wired connections are available on this router?
With eight Gigabit LAN ports, you can connect up to eight Ethernet-compatible devices simultaneously. Non Wi-Fi devices like smart TVs, game consoles, set-top boxes, media players, NAS storage devices and more can now have their own exclusive dedicated ports. This helps make your RT-AC88U your digital home hub. These ports can be used to provide a stable transfer of data between devices that require high network usage, or to attach devices that do not have the ability to connect to your wireless network.
You can use the USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports to connect USB-enabled devices, such as external storage drives, printers and 3G/4G dongles, to your ASUS router and share them with other users via Wi-Fi - thereby creating a media server.
What network management can I use with this router?
You can control your network from anywhere with the ASUS Router App. This new app is both intuitive and robust, allowing you to set up your router, manage network traffic, diagnose connection issues and even update firmware, all without needing to boot up a PC.