• WAN (RJ45) cable connection allows you to attach this router direct to a modem or existing router to extend your network
• Total wireless bandwidth of 900Mbps lets you handle everyday network tasks from web browsing to media streaming for a small home network
• Simultaneous dual-band 450Mbps 2.4GHz and 450Mbps 5GHz bands provide network optimisation by allowing supported devices to run on higher bands
• Four 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet ports provide ultra-fast wired connections for your network
• Twin USB 2.0 ports allow you to attach external drives to backup and share data across your home or office network
• 3G data sharing allows you to attach a USB mobile dongle to enable you to access the internet via a mobile network
• ASUSWRT graphical interface provides set up, control and management of your network applications
• Allows set up of wireless networks for visitor use, safeguarding your passwords and network resourcesWhat can I expect from this router?
Ideal for a small home or office network, the ASUS RT-N66U provides stable wireless access for multiple users running basic day-to-day tasks, such as e-mail, web browsing or downloading of files. Whilst the uninterruptable gigabit wired connections allows for excellent connectivity if you are sharing large files or gaming across your network.
What can I expect from this router’s wireless functionality?
Three external antennas will distribute a dual-band wireless signal throughout your home or office. 450Mbps 2.4GHz and 450Mbps 5GHz frequencies provide up to 900Mbps total bandwidth. This gives multiple users web access along with media streaming capabilities across your wireless network. WPS encryption allows you to pair wireless devices to the router securely at the press of a button. Guest wireless access can be configured to allow your visitors to use the Internet, but keeping them separate from your main network or any other connected devices.
What wired connections will I get with this router?
A gigabit WAN port will allow you to attach this router directly to your modem while four 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet ports provide you with very fast connections for quick file transfers across your wired network. Twin USB 2.0 ports enable you to attach a printer to your network or external storage, so you can backup to one location and share files across your network. Additionally you are able to attach a USB 3G dongle and share its internet connection, keeping you connected to the internet during network outages
Can I use this router to manage my network?
ASUSWRT provides you with a graphical user interface so you can view a map of your network via a web based program. This allows you to view ASUSWRT on portable devices, allocate network bandwidth and create profiles to prevent users from visiting listed websites, keeping your family or office network safe from potentially malicious content.