• 200 lumens of light lets you make presentations in dimly lit rooms
• Throw ratio of 1.1:1 gives you a 41 inch widescreen display at 1m
• Good widescreen picture with WVGA (854 x 480) resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio, with 4:3 available too
• Obtain a range of satisfying colour shades thanks to the 1000:1 contrast ratio
• Connect to your laptop, computer or smartphone through the HDMI connection, with MHL supported
• 2W of mono sound, enhanced by ASUS SonicMaster technology
• Use earphones or connect to your own personal audio system using the 3.5mm audio port
• Don’t worry about the projector disturbing you while you’re watching your film or presenting, only 32dBA of sound is produced
• Attach to a tripod with the mounting hole at the bottom of the projector
• Runs off a 6000mAh power bank for up to three hours of cable free projection
• Charge your smartphone or any other USB device through the USB port that provides 5V at 1ACan I present on the go with this projector?
Finished in aluminium and possessing a modern chassis, this stylish ASUS S1 projector is more than just visuals. Standing at 30mm tall and weighing 342g, it can easily be taken with you wherever you go, in your pocket or bag. This portability is emphasised by its internal 6000mAh rechargeable battery, which lets you set the projector up anywhere without having to be stuck near a power socket. The internal battery can also be used to power your smartphone or other mobile devices, as the USB port at the back of the projector provides 5V of power at 1A. The embedded speaker can give 2W of mono sound, which is enhanced by ASUS’s SonicMaster technology for a truly cinematic experience. Connecting to your own personal speakers is possible too, with a 3.5mm audio jack available.
What is the picture like on this projector?
Although small in size, this projector can still deliver a great picture. The WVGA (854 x 480 pixels) resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio, result in the projection of a good widescreen image. Additionally, the 1000:1 contrast ratio gives you a vibrant image with a wide variety of colour shades. 200 lumens of light means you can present even in dimly lit environments, so presentations and meetings that use this projector don’t need to be done in pitch black rooms.
What screen size can I expect from this projector?
A throw ratio of 1.1:1 means you can turn any large flat surface into a display, which makes the ASUS S1 perfect for presenting in small spaces. The ratio means you can create a 41 inch diagonal screen just one metre away from the screen, or a 120 inch screen at a distance of 2.43m. In utilising an LED light source, you can save on costly maintenance fees. This light source has an approximate 30,000 hour lifespan, and is powered by less Watts. Using a LED source also means that the projector can be turned on and off instantly, so you don’t have to wait to share your presentation.
Can I connect my smartphone to this projector?
The S1 is compatible with laptops, media players, DVD players, game consoles and more thanks to the HDMI port at the back of this projector. This HDMI port supports Mobile High Definition Link (MHL) as well, which allows you to connect your compatible smartphone and have its content mirrored on the projected screen. Since the phone needs to be constantly on for its content to be projected, you can use the USB port at the back of the projector to charge it whilst it is connected.
Please note that depending on your smartphone you may need a 5-pin or 11-pin MHL adapter or cable (HDMI to micro USB), so please check on the manufacturer's website first. To see our range of MHL adapters and cables click here. If you want to connect your Apple smartphone to the projector you will need either an Apple 30-pin Digital AV adapter (Order Code: A02NQ) or an Apple Lighting Digital AV adapter (Order Code: A89LQ).