• Compatible with the latest 6th Generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron socket LGA1151 processors
• Supports four DIMM slots for a maximum of 64GB DDR4 RAM, with overclocked speeds of 2133 – 3466MHz unbuffered, non-ECC, dual channel memory
• Intel Z170 Chipset allows the motherboard to handle up to 10xUSB 3.0 connections, as well as 6xSATA 6Gbit ports and a single 32Gbit M.2 slot for extremely fast data transfer speeds
• Expansion slots: 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16, 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x4 mode), 2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1 and 2 x PCI
• Multi GPU technology allows you to run multiple graphics cards using AMD CrossfireX
• Integrated Intel HD graphics processor provides multi-VGA support as well as connections for HDMI/DVI-D
• On-board shielded Realtek ALC887 8 audio, with analogue/digital separation and dedicated audio layers
• Full size ATX format allows compatibility with large scale cases
• Manufacturer model number: Z170-P
• Support for Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 – Check compatibility of your chipset to utilise this feature
• Intel Extreme Memory profiles XMP provide a boost to compatible memory modules
• Overcurrent protection with ESD guards and DIGI+ VRM 7 phase digital power design increases the lifespan of the Z170-P by safeguarding core components
• Illuminated Audio LED , gives a breathing effect to the lighting in your system
• Convenient, reversible USB Type-C port provides a futureproof solution to allow for 5Gbps data transfer rates
• Q-Slot and Q-DIMM allow for simple installation and removal of PCI-E cards and memory modules
• Stainless steel I/O back plate reduces corrosion, and provides a panel lifespan of up to three times greater, over conventional backplates
• Intuitive UEFI BIOS lets you flash, monitor or even tune your system with a easy to use graphical display
• AI Suite 3 provides innovative features to allow you to monitor and control core components on your motherboardWhat can I expect from this motherboard?
This Z170-P motherboard is great for any rig that you would like to future-proof and be able to upgrade in the future. It is compatible with Intel LGA 1151 socket CPUs, including Intel’s sixth generation of Intel Core desktop processors, and can support up to 64GB of RAM that run at 3466MHz (overclocked). A multitude of connections and expansion slots provide you with the upgrade potential. And with the inclusion of a USB 3.1 type-C connection and a M.2 3rd generation M key socket, you are able to utilise faster M.2 SSDs for faster boot and load times in your games.
The motherboard has been built with 5X Protection II. The finest components, an excellent circuit design and exacting standards to guarantee quality and long-term durability has been used, resulting in exceptional protection and stability for your build. One example of this is the exclusive circuit design, which has built-in voltage regulators that protect other components from damage caused by unexpected high level voltage surges.
What is the performance like with this motherboard?
Superb performance is available with features such as second-generation ASUS T-Topology and AI Suite 3. T-Topology lets you overclock DDR4 memory modules, with up to 3466MHz rated RAM supported. AI Suite 3 is an all-in-one app that allows you to supervise overclocking, energy consumption, fan speeds, voltages and more. This way, you can fine tune your system without needing to use multiple utilities.
Does this motherboard have on-board audio?
The on-board audio not only provides you with great sound quality, but also helps to add a dash of colour to your case with LED-illuminated trace paths. Noise-isolated, precision-shielded and with interference eliminated, the resulting sound quality is warm, natural and immersive with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
How easy is it to install components?
Smart DIY features have been implemented to make it easy for anyone to start adding to the motherboard. Safe motherboard mounting areas give you safe zones around mounting holes to minimise the risk of damage and short circuits. While Q-Slot and Q-DIMM features make it easy to remove components for upgrading.