• Works with Intel LGA 1151 processors
• Support for up to 64GB DDR4 RAM that runs at 3400MHz (OC) – an astonishing amount of bandwidth for graphics rendering or gaming
• ATX sized motherboard that will fit into any case that accepts ATX or larger motherboards
• Expansion slots: 2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16, 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x4 mode) and 3 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
• Storage ports: 4 x SATA III ports, 1 x SATA Express port and 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M key
• On-board SupremeFX 2015 8 channel high definition audio codec
• One Gigabit (10/100/1000) Ethernet port for faster, smoother gaming
• Manufacturer part number: Z170 Pro Gaming
• Illuminated red line shielding adds a little colour to your caseWhat can I expect from this motherboard?
Feature packed, this Z170 pro gaming motherboard provides you with a great amount of performance without the high price tag. It is compatible with Intel LGA 1151 socket CPUs, including Intel’s sixth generation of Intel Core desktop processors, and can support up to 64GB of RAM that run at 3400MHz (overclocked). An amazing amount of upgrade potential is provided with the various amount of connections and expansion slots available. Included are USB 3.1 Type-A and Type-C connections and a M.2 3rd generation M key socket, future proofing you for the next generation of tech.
ASUS Gamer’s Guardian is also included with this motherboard – a collection of components, electrostatic discharge (ESD) guards and smart DIY features. Together, these protect your motherboard for added durability and the DIY features make it easier for you to upgrade your system.
Does this motherboard have on-board audio?
The on-board SupremeFX audio technology produces near-lossless audio quality with a remarkable signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) of 115dB, so you can enjoy every little detail. The technology comprises of components including an illuminated red line shielding, EMI cover, 300-ohm headphone amplifier and Japanese-made capacitors.
Also included is Sonic Radar II, an overlay that allows you to see the direction and origin of key in-game sounds, practice your enemy-pinpointing skill and hear every blast with audio enhancement technology. You’ll be able to see what your opponents and teammates are up to on the battlefield.
How have ASUS optimised this motherboard for gaming?
Enjoy unmatched performance and smoother gameplay through features such as AI Suite 3, Pro Clock technology, second-generation ASUS T-Topology and RAMCache. AI Suite 3 allows you to tune almost all parts of your system and, at the a click of a button, you can use ‘five way optimisation’ to ensure your PC is perfect for gaming, entertainment, productivity or just about anything else. PRO Clock technology allows you to extend overclocked base-clock speeds of compatible CPUs by up to 400MHz*. T-Topology lets you overclock DDR4 memory modules, with up to 3400MHz rated RAM supported. RAMCache allows you to allocate some of your RAM as a cache for games and apps so that they launch at breakneck speeds.
*Please note that an unlocked Intel processor is required, sold separately
What other features are there?
To ensure that lag is kept to a minimum, an Intel I219V controller is embedded into this ROG motherboard – alongside a Gigabit Ethernet port and LANGuard. Together, these provide you with a reliable connection that also has surge protection. GameFirst III can be installed, and this software prioritises game related packets and allocates more bandwidth to games, eliminating laggy gameplay, streaming stutters and file-sharing slowdown.