Audio-Technica AT2010 Handheld Condenser Microphone
• Condenser style microphone that is most commonly used for recording audio in studios or at home
• Handheld style microphone
• Cardioid polar pattern for a more sensitive sound from the front while isolating ambient noise from behind the microphone
• XLR connection for easy connection to mixers or amplifiers
• A sensitivity of -48dB allows you to get an excellent response to quieter sounds
• Powered directly using phantom powerWhat is the advantage of having a condenser microphone?
Condenser microphones are the most common type of microphones for recording audio. They are often used in recording studios as they have a greater ability to reproduce all of the audio of an instrument or voice. Using phantom power, condenser microphones usually have a louder output but can be more sensitive to loud sounds.
What direction does the condenser microphone pick up sound from?
This microphone has a cardioid recording pattern which means that the microphone records from a single direction. This will allow you to aim the direction for maximum effect to get the best sound quality and to minimise background noise.
What would I use this microphone with?
This microphone is fitted with an XLR connector that can connect to a wide range of equipment such as a mixer, an amplifier or a recorder. The XLR connector will allow you to setup the microphone in a matter of minutes using a suitable length cable to prevent it getting in the way or becoming a trip hazard. This means that the microphone can be positioned exactly where it is needed to create the best recording. The microphone can be used to record vocals such as singing or a presentation, or even record many different instruments such as acoustic guitars or piano.
| Transducer type
| Polar pattern
| Product type
| Impedance (Ohms)
|| 100 Ohm
|| -48 dB
| Connection type
| Cable length
|| Not included
| Detachable cable
| On/off switch
|| 50.8 x 179.1 mm
| Net weight
|| 233 g
|| 2 years
| Package contents:
|| AT2010 microphone
|| Soft pouch
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.